cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central SLD setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a freshly installed landscape comprising of Solutiona Manager 4.0,EP 7.0,ECC 6.0,BI 7.0.(I am new to netweaver)

We need to setup a central SLD on the solution manager system.Also there is a requirement to monitor all system form the solution manager

NWA.

Currently when I log onto NWA the follwing error messages are shown

system Landscape Directory is not accessible!

Only Local system can be administered!

Could someone tell me the steps to setup the SLD(ie connect different systes),setup central NWA and some basic concepts.

As far as I understand SLD data supplier is used for communication between the j2ee engines.

so for eg: for a pure Java stack like EP is it enough to give the logon details of Solution manager in SLD Data supplier of Ep's Visual administrator..?

Please help.

thanks

rocky

P.S: will reward points for helpful answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

It is better to mention the central SLD server details during the installation process in the phase,Registration in System Landscape Directory(central SLD,local SLD,no SLD)

We need to setup a central SLD on the solution manager system.Also there is a requirement to monitor all system form the solution manager

NWA.----

> Maintain the Central SLD as Solutionmanager system.Login into the other system and go to Visual Administrator(c:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<instno>\j2ee\admin\go.bat)->Server->Services->SLD Data Supplier-> In the tabRuntime, HTTP Settings->Give the host name of the Central SLD system(Solman),Port number, SLDDSUSER,and password and save the settings and then in the

CIM Client Generation Settings->Give the hostname of the Central SLD system,port number,SLDDSUSER and Password,save the settings and click on the CIMClient Test to check the CIM Test.

Once the CIMTest is successful,

Click on the button(Assign application roles to user groups) and also on the button (trigger datatransfer to System Landscape Directory(SLD)),this transfer the settings to the Central SLD system.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

I performed the steps mentioned(SLD data supplier) for

our ECC system.

However on loggin onto the NWA of solution manager system

NWA>Monitoring>Analaysis----- I don not see the ECC system there.

Also i get this message

Not available in local mode; switch to central mode

Please advise.

Thanks

rocky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check the Systems in the Technical systems in the Central SLD system(http://hostname:portno/sld).Check for the both WebAS ABAP and WebAS JAVA.

Also check in the RZ70 of the ECC system,give the hostname and service of the Central SLD system and check all the boxes in the Data Collection Programs and press execute(Start Data Collection and Job Scheduling)

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Open Visual Admin

2. Navigate to Server>Services>SLD data supplier

3.CIM client generation settings

4.check on the following services

sap.com/tclmwebadminmainframewd/webdynpro/public/lib/app.jar

sap.com/tclmwebadminsldwd/webdynpro/public/lib/app.jar

5.Save

Former Member
0 Kudos