cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number converted to a decimal form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I've been using the abs/formatnumber(#) function and the number gets converted to this form:

Source: 4500016288

Target: 4.5000161E9

BELNR -

> abs -

> D_324

It is really strange though, since I have tried converting the EDI-XML instance in Seeburger and the data in the target field also shows the right format. But when the trading partner processes the EDI, they are getting the 4.5000161E9 format.

Any advise please?

Thanks!

Regards,

Lex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I've been using the abs/formatnumber(#) function and the number gets converted to this form:

>

> Source: 4500016288

> Target: 4.5000161E9

>

> BELNR -

> abs -

> D_324

>

Hi,

You didn't mentioned what exactly you what to do with your source value. Do you want to add leading zeros or remove the leading zeros or want to put decimal point because all are possible with FormatNum.

If you let me know your requirement then I can suggest you exact & suitable solution for your problem. Give me some example.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I have confirmed that the source value wont have the leading zeros.

Thanks for the advise. Now, I dont have to use either FormatNum(#) or abs.

But would you happen to know why if I use abs to map a source value of 450034343, the output resulted to 45038531E9 something?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Lex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lex,

Never, ever use XI's built-in arithmetic functions. Just go through is blog to know why?

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/04/03/never-ever-use-xis-built-in-arithmetic-functions

Also go through one of my thread, in which i was facing the problem with multiply function.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we go for Format number,we can set the properties

to our required format like #########.##

incase of abs it will not possible, it's better to plan for an UDF.

regards

mahesh.