Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retiring Roles or Transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a report or a transaction that will tell me some statistics on a transaction/transactions in a role.

I would like to find out the last time a transaction was executed. I will retire the tcodes that are never used but are in a role.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the suggestion, they are helpful. My consultant did mention that this transaction/report existed but unfortunately he is no longer with the project. I'll give it a couple more days before I close this thread.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i kown there is no standard report for this, but if you play with the reports in ST03N you will at least find the transactions that are used including when, download this and compare that with ARG_1251, object S_TCODE field TCD and you will have an asnwer.

0 Kudos

Also keep in mind that some transactions are used only once or a few times per year......

0 Kudos

The performance data is ST03N is defaulted to save for only 3 months so this may not be a good source of data if some tcodes are used infrequently. If you have the security audit log activated and available for the last year or so, this would be a better source of the data to do this analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the suggestion, they are helpful. My consultant did mention that this transaction/report existed but unfortunately he is no longer with the project. I'll give it a couple more days before I close this thread.

0 Kudos

Hi John,

I think the others have covered it.

ST03N is useful but as pointed out defaults to 3 months of data which is usually insufficient. 12 months is better, though you can limit your risk with smaller datasets if it spans a year end. I've been to plenty of places where Basis have increased the number of files so you might be in luck

SM20 is good too, though can take an age to get the data.

If you had RBE in place and running you can get some great data.

Looking forward both SAP's GRC offering & Approva Bizrights offer transaction logging for this purpose

0 Kudos

Not 100% certain, but I believe both SAP GRC and Bizrights extract data from the performance tables from ST03N.

RBE extracts data from ST03N tables as well.

Edited by: JC on Apr 29, 2008 2:35 PM

0 Kudos

This is not available on the delivered tcodes/reports for SAP. I got a hold of my consultant and he mentioned RBE (Reverse Business Engineering) and it will cost $$$.

Thanks everyone, I'm putting the question to resolve.

0 Kudos

I think you are right - the info is just packaged in a bit more usable & accessible format. I've heard that GRC will get the info from the ST03N logs when installed & then carry on writing to a different log location. I might be wrong though.

Edited by: Alex Ayers on Apr 29, 2008 9:02 PM

0 Kudos

I also heard a couple of years ago from an SAP Platinum Consultant that RBE was no longer supported. But I recall it was free - he gave me a copy.

0 Kudos

Apparently RBE2.0 is available, though I don't have the link on this computer. I think it's part of the SolMan offering if that's any use. I found it useful when people had the foresight to install it in plenty of time