cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCR: Previous comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having 2 issues with the comments in adobe form and I've tried different settings in the form but nothing has worked. I am hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Issue 1

Whenever the comments section goes beyond the allocated space, the comments doe not extend to the next page. On screen you can see that the comments extend beyond the page margins. It should break and continue on the next page but it does not.

Issue 2

In adobe pcr form, there is a section called previous comments. The comments display as if it was wrapped by a container. i.e. The comments section is 19" wide but the text displays only 10" wide. the "expand to fit" box has been checked of in the layout but still it won't expand!

thanks

Edited by: James Jeon on Apr 28, 2008 4:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue on EP7 and ECC6. The comments (current and previous) are in a flowed subform at the end of the page content. When displayed with long comments, the "current" comments scroll, but the previous comments extend (known issue per OSS note). However, when the comments do extend off the page, they do not flow into a new page. No idea why. I have tried all kinds of settings to force the pagination and nothing seems to work. Even if adding a new blank page, the notes will not flow onto it but simply cut off after their content extends over the page boundary.

Any help?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Figured it out. I had to set the PAGE itself to be flowed, not jsut the subform. Works great now and that is all I had to change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set the second page to flow and added the subform to flow as well and that did it for me.

Chris, do you have issue with the comments box text wrapping?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeh....it's a real f-d up behavior. Upon first displaying, the PREVIOUS comments fit the width of their box. However, when I do a "check"/review before send/save, the form refreshes and the PREVIOUS comments now text wrap within half the space of the full width of the box. Very odd. Thankfully, with the subform and page flowed, the container will properly display and not overlap the other CURRENT comments box though. Like I think I mentioned before, there is an OSS note about the odd behavior of the Previous Comments box and it's due to being a "read only" field. It seems that "scrolling" isn't the only issue it has. haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got to love the pcr forms.

I applied the oss note you are talking about and now I am trying to fix the display issue. I must say it's a blast...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got to love the pcr forms.

I applied the oss note you are talking about and now I am trying to fix the display issue. I must say it's a blast...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

For issue 1 check whether your Body page is flowed or not, or if your comment field is inside a subform, make sure that the Subform is also flowed content.

For second issue, is your test starting from somewhere in the middle of the textbox. If yes then, go to Paragraph pallette and make the text Align top.

Hope this helps,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I've set the body page to flow and allowed the page break to happen within the subform. However, the comments is overflowing and doesn't display on the next page.

I've added bodypage/subform to set the overflow to that area but for some reason the new page doesn't show up as one of the valid options... Are there any reasons why the new page isn't showing up as possible overflow area?

For the second issue, all of the comments are being displayed on half of the allocated space.

FYI, we are on ecc 5 and EP 6.

Edited by: James Jeon on Apr 29, 2008 12:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Can you send me your PDF on amit.rai2 at wipro.com

Regards,

Amit