Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports that track user actions in DMS

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi-

Does anyone know if there are reports that would provide information about who has viewed, checked-out, check-in and copy (Shift+F7) documents in the content server?

Thanks for your assistance, in advance! (And I reward points!)

-J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No standard ones. You can view this within the DIR with the "Display Changes" option, but you'd have to write a custom report for it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Athol and Christoph-

Thank you both for your answers! And while it does provide me some of the data I am looking for, it is missing some of the data I need.

I also need to provide if someone viewed and/or copied the file. I was thinking of turning on the full trace on the content server to log which files were accessed. This would tell me if a document was viewed, but it wouldn't tell me what exactly happened to the document.

I know that SAP help says that I shouldn't leave the full trace on in the production environment. So, I am not sure that it is a good idea. Any ideas of why they say it is a bad idea to leave the full trace on?

Thanks again-

-J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer

Can't tell you about the trace, but you have have to write this as a custom if you wanted the functionality. We have done this previously for a government customer and I can tell you that it generates a massive amount of data to so you need aware of the dangers from a data growth perspective.

Regards,

Athol

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

you can use program MCDOKABL for this function. This program is also used for the 'Display Changes' function in CV03N or CV02N too.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.