cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication of Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have download some example of Web Dynpro for testing and I go to the Applications properties > Select type > Pre defined. I saw there are some application properties as Authentication, DefaultLocale, ExpirationTime and LogoffURL, so I have some questions like these:

1. Are the application properties I saw standard feature of Web Dynpro?

2. If I want to known the working process and the logic of the Application Property 'Authentication', how can I debug it?

3. Are there any example of User Authentication Project which I can download?

Please advise.

Thanks in advances,

SeMs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I tried the authentication (xyz_App -> Application proterties -> authentication) and it works.

However, there are two things I do not want:

- the possibility that the user can register (I do not know the exact English expression, but I would translate it from German into English as "New? Register now...")

- the possibility that the user can write to the support (supposed translation: "Problems with registration? Support")

I just want to have a welcome site where the user has to log in but does not have any opportunities to register or write to the support.

Is there any possibility to change these features?

A lot of thanks in advance,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sathyanarayanan,

Thanks for your swift reply.

I have assigned 'Authentication' Application Properties to my project. When I deploy and run the application, the Authentication Screen allow us to add/register new user before logon.

I want to know that where is database/table that the user data is stored?

And if I want to see all user data, how can I do?

Thanks in advances,

SeMs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

At the outset you need to have access to the WAS admin..

From the default website of your WAS server, you need to navigate to the user management link...

http://your server:50000/useradmin

In this, you can view all your required user information. As an administrator, you can create groups. roles, users and provide proper priviledges..etc. In short, the entire gamut of user management is available.

Hope it helps you.. keep exploring...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Authenication is essential for a application because of various requirements, viz. to establish jco through ticket..SSO..etc Hence when you intially create a new project / application, if you had forgotten to tick the check box - authentication, then you can right click on the application / properties and set the authentication value to 'true'. So next time you deploy & run the application, the intial authentication screen will appear and you need to provide the required credentials.

You can set other properties like default locale, expiration time and log off URl (redirect)..etc

The application properties in general - default - Is pre defined, however you can customise as per your requirements.

if you have any specific questions, do let us know

regards

sathyanarayanan