cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Monitoring;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the following TCDs needed for monitoring purposes?

SM58

SMQ1

SMQ2

AL08

SCC4

SMQ1 /2 for example are queues which are to be monitored - on hourly or half an hour basis -preferblay by CCMS - Doing a daily on etime monitoring, does it make sense?

Also AL08 ?SCC4 ?

What are your opinion on that ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is good to check RFC's transactions in general but i wouldn't do it that often... is a waste of time

AL08 is to check the users logged on... again is not mission critical to see who's logged on if you're not troubleshooting or looking into a specific issue...

SCC4 is for Client administration and is very important to keep an eye on it, specially in your production environment as this controls when the system is open or close for changes or modifications..

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I would disagree on SM58,SMQ1 and SMQ2 part. Actually from business perspective they are very important. Consider two system exchanging data on real time basis say through idocs or RFC calls. In this scenario if TRFCs or QRFCs fail then the data exchange will not take place. So while you don't need to do it on say hourly basis in my opinion it is very helpful to do it atleast once and preferably twice a day. Otherwise you might have headaches from business data consistency perspective and business data is the actual data that matters in SAP.

AL08 I fully agree with Juan is not really that critical. SCC4 is some thing if it has to be monitored regularily then I guess there is something wrong with planning. I mean only a select few (basis team only) should have access to SCC4 and SE06 so if you trust them and they know what they are doing then SCC4 should not give you headaches. But if SCC4 is free for all then there is a problem with the authorizationbn concept and bring SCC4 under monitoring purview won't help. You need to redefine authorization vis-a-vis SE06 and SCC4.

Regards.

Ruchit.