cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am using MDM 5.5 sp06. I have issue in workflow with syndication step. I created ports, remotesystems and syndication maps with perfect details. when I am trying to use syndication step in workflow. I am not able to find the ports in syndicaiton step properties.

Could you please help me in this regard, how to get ports details.

Thanks in advance

Kiran.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In addition to the above blog posted yesterday,Follow below document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0be83e4-a1e6-2a10-c1be-8395ae94...

Hope it helps

Reward with points if found useful

Cheers,

Narendra.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

For the port to appear in syndication step properties, you need to set the processing type of that port as Manual in Console.

Also, if the Admin user of your repository has a particular password then for the desired file to be syndicated and be placed in the ready folder of that outbound port, you need to do the following setting in mdss file:

Suppose the admin password is ABC then

RepositoryName-MSQL_20_12_4_3

User=Admin

Password=ABC

Save this mdss file and restart the syndication server.

Now the password will get encrypted and you will be able to syndicate the file using workflows

Regards,

Kaushik Koli.

Edited by: kaushik koli on Apr 29, 2008 1:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Ensure that,

*the Syndication server is up and running,(If u had changed any settings in the mdss.ini file recently, please restart the syndication server )

• Syndication map name should be mentioned under Ports Table in the Console.

*File is placed in the right port,

*In the Syndicate Stencil,u need to mention the port name.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

Go through below blog which has explained step by step process.

/people/vijayasarathy.raghunathan/blog/2007/06/05/mdm-sp05-on-demand-syndication

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Syndicate step in the workflow needs the Processing Type of the port is Manual.So just make the Processing Type=Manual (in the Console under the Ports) for the port you need in the Syndicate step.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Edited by: Jitesh Talreja on Apr 29, 2008 12:20 PM