cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Role and Profile Managment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have task on role management , i have a profile assigned to like 20 users , but one of the user is asking me to have special authorization on particular Z Table he want to have modify rights.

in order to give the rights to this guy fro that table , i have to make this profile modified so that it will apply for all of them, so i wan to have this rights to this particular user with the same profile , does any body ahs idea how to achieve this??

Or can any one suggest me where can i put this question in the forums??

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sundar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sundar,

As you have 20 Users with same profile & no you want to give some new T-codes rights to Particular User.

For this you need to create a new Profile & assign the same to Partucular user. This would also provide flexibility in future if you want to add more users to that new profile.

T-Code for Profile - PFCG

T-Code for User ID - SU01.

Hope this helps...

Reward if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

98700 10230

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sundar,

To create new Role, use T. Code: PFCG

Now, Provide Role's name, and Click tab: Create (in 4.6 X) or Tab: Single Role or Composite Role (In ECC 6.0). Give Description.

Now, click Tab: Menu --> Transaction (T. Codes etc.),

Tab: Authorization --> Change Authorization Data (Auhorization to Profile i.e. change/ Display/reate etc.)

Tab: User (user to which Role assignment is reqd) and then click: User comparison.

Thats it....

Rewards accordingly.

Best regards,

Amit

chandrasekhar_pandiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to give extra auth apart from the 20 users having,you can create a new role copy of existed role and add extra authorizations like adding a table ,t-code or any authorization and generate a profile and now you can add that new role(copy of existed and included extra authorizations) to the specified user.

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check with the Basis forum ,they may be able to help you out in this. But if you add the particular role to the profile, it will be applicable to all the users who have the profile and the role. I think Basis people can restrict the same through some complicated user roles. Check with them.

Prase