cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario from IDOC to file where I am creating a flat file at the receiver side.When I trigger the idoc each IDOC is creating a flat file at the receiver end.So I am getting multiple flat files at the receiver end(so at initial load there will be thousands).Is there a way where I can add all the data into one flat file?,I have tried append parameter in the file adapter but it does not work,what it does is it deletes the old data and adds the new data.Let me know if I am not clear,I will try to explain.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also doing the same scenarion for me APPEND mode is working but my requirements is to create the new file on daily basis with append mode

When i use the append mode its appending the file but i want to create the new file daily and then wnat append that file ..

Is there any way to do that

SV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont need to append any existing file,what I want is when I trigger the idoc all the data in the idocs which are now created as individual flat files need to be put into one single flat file.Thereby another interface will pick up the flat file for processing and deletes the flat file.Again the idoc is triggered the next day for delta process which only triggers the idocs which are changed and creates a new flat file.This is a batch process which runs every day.Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems a Cache refresh problem...

Try to refresh your cache by sxi_cache tcode, also do Clear the SLD Cache Data under Environment menu from ID.

You can also give a try with logout and login and then try...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think u r in USA forward u r number then we will discuss the issue ...if its ok with you

SV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said,I refreshed the cache,it works fine,thanks Sarvesh.Thanks to all the guys for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Communication Channel again, coz Append should not replace the old values. It will replace only when you put the "File construction Mode" as "Create".

I think you have not activated the changes.. Look your CC and Try again. it should work..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried append,it creates a flat file which has data of only the 1st IDOC,not sure why,are you sure it works?when I use add time stamp all the data is generated in individual flat files.Can anybody help me.Screen shot attached of my adapter.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25513325@N05/2449463454/sizes/o/

Thanks

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets check with FTP server administrator whether APPEND command works on his server or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chnage the File Type from Binary to Text under Processing Parameters and then try...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.I have given Binary to Text,no luck,it does not work.I need to check if the FTP supports APPEND as Satya sugested.Any other feedbacks appreciated.

Thanks