cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Service Billing - Variable Amounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where periodic billing for a service is due, but the amount billable is variable depending on usage / time of year etc. My question is how best to set this up. I can currently see 3 ways to go about this:

Periodic billing but change the billable amount each month prior to billing

Milestone billing with one milestone per month and the correct amount added in at the end of the month

Raise service sales order each month (much more manual and prone to error)

Has anyone else had this scenario before and come across a better way to set up this type of billing requirement? My current preferred option is milestone billing.

Many Thanks,

Cara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cara,

One option would be to use Service Orders, and use CAT2 to capture the actual times for the service, and then use DIP profile to capture and convert the costs from the service order for Billing. This is the process we use for a client. It's more complex than what you have suggested, but it fits their business scenario.

If this suits you, then I can give you more details.

Regards

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

I agree that this is an idea solution, but RRB is not something we are looking to implement for the time being. I am pushing for us to look into this more for the future as I think there are a number of scenarios where resource-related billing would be perfect but for now I need something more straight forward. It may also be too complicated once we look into all the possible scenarios as to why they want to vary the amount.

Thanks for your response though.

Cara

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, plscan u send me details for this solution as i hv similar issue

Thanks

Maureen

Answers (0)