cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous system copy from Prod to Quality on Windows/MSSQL

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Request to please help with the steps to perform system copy from Production to Quality .

The environment being used by me is Windows/MSSQL Server 2005 and the system copy

method that is being used is Attach/Detach for MSSQL Server 2005 as per OSS Note 151603.

I need the step by step approach to complete it.

The steps known to me :

1) Run the Export Prep via Sapinst in the Source System

2)Stop the R/3 and source database

3)Detach the source database using MSSQL server mgmt studio

4)Copy the datafiles and logfiles from Source to Target and rename them according to target sys.

5)Stop the target R/3 and database.

6)Detach the database

5)Attach the copied files to target system database.

Can someone help me with the steps ahead.....

Points for any helpful answer ...for sure

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the steps known to me :

1) Run the Export Prep via Sapinst in the Source System

2)Stop the R/3 and source database

3)Detach the source database using MSSQL server mgmt studio

4)Copy the datafiles and logfiles from Source to Target and rename them according to target sys.

5)Stop the target R/3 and database.

6)Detach the database

5)Attach the copied files to target system database.

-> if you are going through sap note 151603 :Copying an SQL Server database (homogeneous system copy)

step no 1) Run the Export Prep via Sapinst in the Source System is not required.

following are steps.

-> Stop the R/3

-> detach the source system database using SQl server management studio.

-> copy the datafile and logfile of your database on target server

-> since SID is change rename your datafile and logfile according to target system SID

-> attach the database as per sap note 151603

after doing this you are not able to start sap system.

just follow the note 551915 - R/3 won't start after database restore or database copy

you need to run script which attached to this note user_change.sql

-> after successfully running of script install central system for existing database.

regards,

kaushal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushal for a helpful answer.

Now, I am struck at different situation.

When running the SAPInst, it gets struck at step 34/35.

Here on seeing the runjmt.log it says that the Login for the user SAP<SID>DB has failed.

Can anyone help me to rectify this?

Pasting under the output of runjmt.log :

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)

at com.sap.sdt.jmt.migrationtool.ConfigurationHandlerFactoryManager.getConfigurationHandlerFactory(ConfigurationHandlerFactoryManager.java:63)

at com.sap.sdt.jmt.migrationtool.MigrationToolUtils.getTargetConfigurationFactory(MigrationToolUtils.java:190)

at com.sap.sdt.jmt.migrationtool.MigrationToolImport.startTool(MigrationToolImport.java:262)

at com.sap.sdt.jmt.migrationtool.MigrationToolImport.main(MigrationToolImport.java:1561)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:360)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

... 13 more

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [NWMss][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'SAP<SID>DB'.

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSLoginRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReply(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSLoginRequest.submitRequest(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.setupImplConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.nwmss.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:608)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:302)

... 18 more

Could not initialize the offline configuration managers.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you perform system copy for ABAP or system copy for ABAP + JAVA ?

because system copy for ABAP + JAVA is different.

regards,

kaushal

0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

It is a system copy of ABAP+JAVA

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you follow the system copy document for ABAP + JAVA System

first you need to create an export of the Java central instance which is required on target system.

regards,

kaushal

0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

I did created the export using the SAPInst in the source system, I have supplied the same while

performing the Central system Installation in the target system.

But, now I am struck at the second last step in SAPinst, while it was running the Java Migration ToolKit

As clear from the above pasted log, it says that, the SAP<SID>DB user is not able to login.

I am also not able to login with this user while trying to login through SQL Server Mgmt studio.

Please help.

Would appreciate if I can chat to you about this on gmail.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first check in SQL Management studio.

whether SAPSIDDB user exists or not.

in SQL Management studio -> expand security -> logins

try to correct the password give same password which you provide.

Would appreciate if I can chat to you about this on gmail.

-> i did not provide my gmail ID directly here just send request to me, check my business card on SDN

regards,

kaushal

0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

I did not provided any individual password at the time of starting with SAPInst.

It was only the master password which was provided by me for it.

Believe, SAP<SID>DB password would be same.

Are you suggesting me to change the password in MSSQL server mgmt studio manually, to the same I did in Master Password?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right SAP<SID>DB password would be same

and i did not think so that if you give master password will solve the issue.

might be problem is something else

open a OSS message.

regards,

kaushal

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot to Kaushal for his help.

I ran the installation again and this time it ran successfully without any error.

There seems to be some problem with the Master Password that was entered by me.

Thanks and Best Regards,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A complete guide about preparation and post-copy is available at

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

and the note you mentioned.

Markus