cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Currency Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My company wants to restrict users to change or select currency type. As everyone knows currency type pull down is used to specify currency type(Ccode, Group, etc), now we wnat to restrict users, super users to use pull down or restrict them to use currency type 10 (Ccode currency) or 60 (Global currency).

Thank You,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Not entirely sure what you mean, but the system normally defaults to the Currency and Valuation views that are in use for the Company Code / Co Area / Op Concern.

E.g., you can't select any other Currency type other than those defined for the system (KE24, you can only select 10, 12, or 60, 62 etc. - based on the Op Co currency definition).

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

In my list of currency type I get 10, 30, 40, 50, 60. Now company wants to restrict curencytype 30 to be specified. Or only 10 to be defaulted and no users can change this currency type. Now I got security guy with me to know what is object for currencytype. This is little bit critical but I have to come up with some viable soliution.

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry mate, I'm out of ideas. I am certain that one cannot create additional entries for the data element CURTP. However, if you wish to restrict to specific values, I don't see how its possible. I looked up SU3 as well, but it doesn't hold any clues. CURTP doesn't have a parameter ID we can use in SU3.

I give up. Sorry about that.

Cheers.