cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI Test data generation (FBGENDAT) not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am wanting to generate test data from SRM to ECC 6.0 when the function module BAPI_PO_CREATE1 is called in ECC 6.0

So I have looked at note 517767, 519292 and 539978 and have followed the instructions but no luck....

So I made a simple hellp world function module that is RFC enabled.....

I then created and RFC connection in SM59 to that SAP server (System B) and set MY login details for the "RFC call"....

I then went into both systems (just to be sure) and went to SU01 and gave my user id the following parameter:

FBGENDAT = 'X' Active Indicator BAPI Test Data Generation

I then ran report FBGENDAT and activated my function module Z_HELLO_WORLD (with mode = A)

Then I went into "System A" and called the hello world function in "System B" - I debug it and it is definetly my user ID in the target system....

CALL FUNCTION 'Z_HELLO_WORLD' DESTINATION 'DR3CLNT220'
  EXPORTING
    iv_name   = lv_name
  IMPORTING
    ev_result = lv_result.

IF sy-subrc = 0.

ENDIF.

Now forgive me if I am being stupid but I assumed if I went into the target system (System B) and went to SE37 to look at function module 'Z_HELLO_WORLD ' that in the "Test data directory" I would see some data.....but NOTHING....

I did also log off both SAP systems and log back on just incase the user parameters did not kick in......but still no luck....

Am I missing something?

I would appreciate any help or advise....thanks

Regards

Lynton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK....I have sorted out the problem......I needed to read Note 519292 much more carefully.......I was missing code include FBGENMAC in my top include