Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Backghround process queuing - and delays

Hi,

I'm hoping someone could spare a little time to explain a couple of things to me please.

Each of our servers has a number of work processes, including, for example, 5 BKD sessions.

When a user submits a job to the background it sometimes sits there for ages in the queue with the delay (sec) amount steadily increasing - sometimes up to 4000 - 5000 seconds, even though there are completely free BKD sessions. The users often ask me what is happening to their job and I can't explain it.

As far as I know the submitted jobs are independent of any of the other runing jobs.

So I have 3 main questions please.

1. Can you see if a particular job is submitted to a particular work process - and if you can , can you change this to a free one?

2. Why do these delays happen? As far as I know there is no coding or planned scheduling like this.

3. Why do some jobs get immediately set to a BKD work processes whereas others just sit there with the time delay building up?

I've tried using SAP Help to understand and I can't find any detailed explanation of how this works.

Any help/explanation, much appreciated!!!

Many thanks

Mark Jeffery

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question