cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design for GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to show more than one articel on my gui at the same moment.

I don't want use a table, because the users must scroll to see all attributes.

Can I use any other Elements to show more articels which are saved in one Context node?

I will not create a context node for each articel. I know that there are not more then 20, but it could not be the right way.

I'm searching for a groub box for example, where I can set the right element number. Does anything existis like this?

Or what do you prefer to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Row Repeater if available in your version of WD

From the doc

The RowRepeater is a UI element that serves the purpose of creating a list of rows with the same layout.

Supported RowElements are currently TransparentContainer, TextView, Image and all kinds of links (LinkToAction, FileDownload, LinkToUrl). But not complex UI Elements e.g. table, tree or InputFields.

Each UIElement in the RowElements aggregation is laid out in one column. For each element in the dataSource, starting from firstVisibleRow, a row is painted. The binding paths of the RowElements' properties are resolved with respect to the current's row node element. A maximum number of visibleRowCount will be visible.

The RowRepeater is rendered as it would be one big MatrixLayout. For each RowElement containing an UIElement a MatrixCell is used and a MatrixData with default values is assumed.

If the RowElement is a TransparentContainer with Layout MatrixLayout and scrollingMode=none it will be treated different: The MatrixLayout will be "disintegrated". Its children will be treated as cells of the RowElement's MatrixLayout. The maximal number of MatrixLayout rows (of all RowElements which are a TransparentContainer with Layout MatrixLayout) defines the amount of rows in one RowRepeater row. All other cells get a rowSpan so it fits again to the maximal number of MatrixLayout rows.

Data binding:

For each element in the dataSource, starting from firstVisibleRow, a row is painted. The binding paths of the RowElements' properties are resolved with respect to the current's row node element. A maximum number of visibleRowCount will be visible.

Accessibility:

Provide the title of the RowRepeater with the AccessibilityDescription

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer. I can not use it, because I'm not using 7.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is for a display-only scenario, you can easily create UI elements programmatically and set their property values from the context elements.

Another possibility (>= NW 7.0 ) is to use table pop-ins.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but it's not only to display... the users can also change values of this articels. So I can not easy use this solution.

I think that I can only use pop-ins.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need editing functionality and don't want to use a table, you have to create separate context nodes because you cannot bind input fields to attributes of individual node elements.

When using table pop-ins there are also some restrictions. Using simple forms inside table pop-ins should work.

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no function..