Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip filtering

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I have sap r/3 box installed in singapore.From India I have to access that server through GUI,at the same time I want to block the access from other sytems(ip addresses) except my system.I have a static IP address.

what are the pre requisites I should follow ,so that I can block the access to my box.thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talk to your Network Infrastructure support. They need to make changes on their router to add an access list to only allow your IP address. This can't be done on SAP security.

0 Kudos

thanks john,but is it only possible if we have router, isn't possible to block or allow ip address at operating system level

regards,

ram

0 Kudos

You'd have to install/implement firewall software on the server for that.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is also an exit at logon available, where you could gather the frontend data and logoff unwanted sessions immediately....

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please ask your basis team to install and configure saprouter in Singapore office to control access by IP addesss. You can find saprouter installation instructions at the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4f/992dab446d11d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards,

Tirumala