Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages structed in Inbound Queue

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am testing IDOC to File Scenario . If i send 25000 idoc within 8minutes in SAP. All these 25000 messages are structed in Inbound Queues. It takes 1 day time to clear out all messages from queues. How to handle this situation. Is there any solution ?

Thanks,

Venky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when i send bulk IDOC messages first it wll reside in these XBTI0000 to XBTI0009 queues and then all messages will go to these queues XBTO7___0000, XBTO7___0002, XBTO7___0003. All messages will go out from XBTO7 queues after long time. How can we resolve this.

Thanks,

Venky

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I used collect Idoc in PP to send bulk Idoc. Still messages are structed in Queue. It is very urgent. Please help me out from this issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the bulk amount of messages are strucked in SMQ2 of XI means

Use the function module to delete the Queues TRFC_QIN_DELETE_QUEUE and do background job schedule periodically to delete the queues from SMQ2 automatically

Regards

Seshagiri

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Seshagiri,

In my case messages are residing in the queue, but messages are in processing. It takes 1 day time to process all the messages in the queues. Is there any way to resolve this issue? In production There should not be any data loss, if we delete messages in queues then all data will be lost. In my case i have to do performace tuning.

Thanks,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is Production Server and need to be Process the Messages means Dont delete the Queues from SMQ2.

And if the messages are going slowly means let it be like that and will process slowly.

If the messages are not processing and any message is struck uo in SMQ2 with Error stae means find out that messages and do release to processing

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Venky

From your statement blow, I think you have load condition, not the problem for size of message

All these 25000 messages are structed in Inbound Queues

In this cause, you will need to go through the XI / PI Turning guide, If you search around, you will find the docuements.

It mentioned in load situation, how to turn your queues, setup runtime parameters... etc.

Regards.

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Apr 28, 2008 5:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh,

Frankly if you want to send that many idocs in one message XI is definitely going to die. If you want to send that many idocs to 3rd party in chunks of data then I would suggest to use IDoc xml say for example 1000 for one message. Now let the file adapter pick and write the 1000 in one file and in the receiver file adapter you keep appending to the original one. Let the third party delete the file every once a day.(in Port check for port for XML, instead of trasactional port type.)

If the above is not possible then you can split the idocs say 1000 and send them to the third party in one file(like 1000 idocs per file) and in the output you will have 100 files.

Also one more disadvantage in sending that many no. of idocs at a time is if the communicaiton fails then it would definitely be a problem to retrigger and also to see which one is failed.

Also check IDOC packing concept

Here in Idoc Packaging all the idocs will be converted to one IDOC and multiple segments will be added. So it will be treated as singel IDOC.

Now you could be able to process that packed IDOC to transfer to file.

this will need to verify that how much data size will be allowed for one interface.

XI/PI: sender IDOC adapter packaging

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/12/02/xipi-sender-idoc-adapter-packaging

Probably below link will also help to deal with it,

Night Mare-Processing huge files in SAP XI

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

If you used IDOC packaging, I don't think processing 10000 lines will be big deal.

****************Reward points,if found useful,Hope it will

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello BVS,

Plz tell me hw to do IDOC packing.

Thanks

Venky

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI venkatesh ,

Definetly your message size is too huge so one good solution will be Split the messages and send and Combine at later stage

Reward points if helpful .

thanks

Sunil Singh