cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit a selected record in a table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on VC7.1. I have to edit a selected record in the table(a particular cell value).

The new value is taken from a pop up window. Upon closing the pop up window the cell has to get updated with the new value.

How do i do this?

Regards,

Divya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You can use the Assign Action to pass a value from the popup to the another field.

To do so right click the Popup and Select "Layout Borard", Next, Right click the OK button of the popup and select "Action", Next, add an additional action (after "close") using the plus button - choose "Assign": select from where to take the value (in the popup) and to where you want it placed.

This way the OK Button will first close the popup, then assign the value to where you want it to.

Regards.

Omer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Are you still looking for the answer ? If yes, can you please tell me if you are using a pop-up with nested view or not?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

I am still looking for the answer.

i have populated the table with set of records. i would like to edit the value in a column in a particular record.

when i clik on the button to open a pop up window. i pass the old value and also i provide a field to enter new value. upon closing the pop up window. i have to get the new value in the cell(a column in the selected record).

Thanks and Regards,

Divya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,.

Found the answer.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

That means in a pop-up you have a Form in which you change a value of a column.

To do:

1. In the close Action, you add sequence of Actions that needs to happen. Something like [this|http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/6994/actionspf7.jpg]

2. After the close action, you need to add Find action to first find the row you would like to edit.

3. Then may be delete it and insert a new line with the editted values.

4. Or use Assign Something like [this|http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3275/action2tm8.jpg]

Hope this solves the purpose.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Ok so the your post little late.

Regards,

Dharmi