cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view set problem

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have the following problem. I have one view set (4*4) from DC1. In this DC1 i have embeded an interface view of my DC2. From cell [1,1] i call this interface view through plugs as usaul in cell [2,1].

My DC2 window has also View Set (4,4).

After i have called my DC2 View set wich i see in cell [2,1], i can see at first one view with a button. The Problem is that if i click this button i would like to have the following View of DC2 in cell[1,2] of DC1 View Set and not still all my inteface view set only in cell[2,1].

Is it possible at all? Have you any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,

Daria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

As Fistae wrote, The corresponding views i.e. the views following the default view of DC2 will only be displayed in the place of Interface View you have embedded in the Viewset. What is the issue with this behaviour. If you want to rever the screens, you can think of creating another component (main component) in your DC1, In it's window, create a view set, embed the Interface View of DC1's other Component in right cell and the Interface View of DC2 in the left cell.

Regards

ramesh

0 Kudos

Hi , thank you for your answers!

I have changed my concept with view set.

But it still have a problem, that i don't understand.

I have made in my interface view (my Component from DC2)one outbound plug. At first as i allready described i call my View from DC2 in DC1 cell [2,1]. In this view i have a button. After Click this Button i fire this outbound plug from interface view wich have a link to a cell[1,1] in DC1 (empty view e.g) and i just want that this view (empty view ) will be seen now. But Navigation did not work or this first (wich was before) view could not be disabled anyway.

Coud you please help with this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Daria

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

As i told u earliar we cant navigate from the dc2 to the dc1 , but using viewset we can fire the empty view to come back to the dc1 view .(not clear with ur requirements )

Have u created a OutBoundplug from the Interface view or in the view of the dc2. U ca create a Out Bound Plug From the View of dc2 to fire the empty view (not from the interface view).

thanks and regards

Fistae

0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

i have explained not so good, what i have done.

I have created an outbound plug in Component->Interface Views->MyInterfaceView(DC2)

In DC1 i use DC2. In DC1 i have embeded MyInterfaceView in some of cell[2,1]. I can see on the diagram my outbound plug on this embedded interface view. From this plug i have made as usual my link to another View (DC1) with cell[1,2]. outbound plug is fired in DC2 View. I have already made a similar scenario with POPup Window and i don't understand why the Navigation didn't work now.()

Could you have a look once more?

Thank you very much!

Kind Regards,

Daria

this is how i call plug in DC2:

wdThis.wdGetChangeListInterfaceViewController().wdFirePlugToPerfoceMainDC2();

Edited by: Daria Sosunova on Apr 29, 2008 9:56 AM

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

After creating the OutBound Plug in the Interface View , please check whether u r able to build the component (DC! and DC2). (Are u getting any build errors in the development component ).

are u getting any exception during runtime like cyclic Dependencies.

Thanks and regards

Fistae

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Is both the component belongs to the same Application or Different Application.

Thanks and regards

Fistae

0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

thank you for your reply!

They belongs to one application. I have rebuilded all components and refreshed all many times. No errors were occurred during the build action.But i deployed allways only DC1 (Main Component) wich used DC2. I have thought it' s enough. But after deploying DC 2 at first and then DC1 it's working !!!

Thank you very much!

Now i need only someway make that by start of my View Set from DC2, one view in this View Set schould be empty. So it's opposite way of navigation...

Thank you & kind regards,

Daria

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

U have created a OutBound Plug for the Interface view and the problem is u r not able to navigate from the interface view to the Main Component View or the empty view .

According to me that is not possible in the development component , as u have specified the navigation link between the out bound plug and the empty view , but u have not fired the outBound plug from the interface view to the empty view , if we tried to do then we will get this exception as com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Cannot navigate via outbound plug Test of view DataCompView because there is no navigational link attached to it .

Let say we are Having a Button action , through which we are going to navigate to other view . for this Scenario we will create a OutBound Plug , we would go the Action method int implementation of the view and fire the plug to the another View. but here we cant do this.as we are not firing the plug from the interface view to the empty view , just creating the dataLink.

but i think this procedure can be done dynamically.

refer this blog

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8748] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

thanks and regards

Fistae

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

For ur requirements u ca delete the Component instance instaed of navigating to the empty view

Thanks and regards

Fistae

0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

thank you again! But my Problem was not with fire. I did not understand why i could not fire. I have fired this Plug already from my DC2 by press button action. So this Plug is fired and it called through link another View in this way in DC1(Main View). At the same it calls also the view from it's own DC2.

The actual Problem:

Main View is devided in two parts: [1,1][2,1]*

[2,1] * is also View Set:

[1,1] [1,2]

[2,1] [2,2]

my DC2 InterfaceView is in [2,1], is called from [1,1]. After calling i have a first View of DC2 in the [2,1].

Here i have a button. I click a button->outbound Event is called and i change a View in [1,1] through an empty View or other view with some text also possible.At the same time i call also next View in View Set of my DC2 and it's still in [2,1]. This part is working. But in other cells:[1,2],[2,2] there are also empty views(with no elements'). I have thought that this way i can make the width of [1,1] and

[2,1] so big, that it looks like i see only [2,1] * from Main View Set where is only two parts. But it looks still with some distance .

It could be of course that it's by default some pixel in each view set part.

Thank you! & regards,

Daria

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Why u require the Empty view in the view set if they are not in use (Change the layout). or use any other Viewset which will match ur requirements .create the viewset as 1,1 and 2,1

ie 1,1 (TAB STRIP view set)

Thanks and regards

Fistae

0 Kudos

Hi,

so i have made another structure of my Main DC2. I have made two cells on it and embeded a View set in [2,1]. After Refresh, Rebuild i don't see anything any more:( I delete an old view set .

Could it be that in cell [2,1] elements could not be seen without navigation on this set. I have made some views by default :true. But it does not help.

Thank you & Regards,

daria

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Problem cannot be in the viewSet and can u say what are trying to do in the window and the navigation too.(View and View Assembly).

Thanks and Regards

Fistae

0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

thank you very much . I have found out why i could not see my view set at first. But what i have done is still not that i need...

I' ll try to explain what i wanted to do at first:

i had in DC1 main cell [1,1] one view with buttons:

after click on one of the button i have called view interface of my DC2. There i have also 44 view set. I wanted that my first View of my DC2 [1,1] is seen under this tab with buttons. Ok it's working. But after i click "Display" button on this view it navigates me to the next view on my DC2 view set [2,1]. But after that my tab with buttons looks very bad, because it adapt it's size to the size of this two views wich are displayed on [2,1](DC main). That's why i wanted that this second View of my DC2 will be seen in other cell of DC1 main.

Structure of DC main view set i could not change.

Thank you & Regards,

Daria

Edited by: Daria Sosunova on Apr 30, 2008 9:10 AM

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

please make sure whether I am correct .

in the Viewset (Lets take Tab Strip).

########################

1. Ur Main DC View

#

########################

1. Ur Interface View

#

########################

1. Empty View

#

#########################

so in this scenario u r trying to naviagte from the main dc

view to the interface view and finally to the Empty view.

or Ur main Dc View.

Thanks and regards

fistae

0 Kudos

Hi, not really....

Main DC1 View Set

1. #############

1. # #

2. View with # empty #

3. Buttons # #

4. # #

############################

1. interface # * #

2. view # empty #

3. # #

###########################

My DC2: View Set

1. #############

1. # #

2. View 1 # * #

3. # #

4. # #

############################

1. # #

2. empty # other #

3. # view #

###########################

So i wanted that this * from my DC2 would be seen where i have draw it in DC1 Main and View 1 is where i have wrote "interface view".

Thanks & Regards,

Daria

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

In the place interface Controller u want the viewset of the second dc2. but that is not possible as the interface view is a resemblance o the view not the Window . i mean to say Viewset belong to the window of the particular component .

so at a time we can show omly one Window and window embeded in another window is not possible .

u can able to see the navigation of view from the dc2 to some other view in the same component in the place of the interface View (Not in the form of the viewset).

Thanks and regards

Fistae

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

is ur problem got resolved or not .

for further information refer this blog :

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8748] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

thanks and regards

Fistae

0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

sorry, that i did not reply

i have sold the problem this way. I have made two different Interfaceviews and added some events for synchronisation of fireplugs.

So i have made for my first View FilterView from my DC2 InterfaceView :Selection View

For the Second View TableView (this View i wanted to see on [2,1] cell of DC1 main View Set) of my DC2 also Interface View: Result View

DC2 my:

In Windows->Select->i have embedded my first FilterView

In Windows->Result->i have embedded my second View TableView

After i click my button "display" on FlterView i fire an event (displayWasPressed) and also outbound plug (toresultview) from Select Interface View

displayWasPressed event is catched through event handler of my second view TableView, where it's called onPlugFromFilterView Action

i need this displayWasPressed event , because there is no more direct navigation between FilterView and TableView

In DC1 main:

i embedded my Select View in cell[1,2] and Result View in cell[2,1]. I make a Nabvigation Link from outboundPlug of Select View to

inboundplug of Result View and I fire as i mentioned above "toresultview" outboundplug.

This way i can see my TableView on cell[2,1] of DC1 main view set.

Thank you very much for your help!

So i close this message

thanks&regards,

Daria

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

we can set the particular viewset for the Main Dc1 .

In the dc 1 window u have enbeded the Interface view and when the Navigation takes place form the Dc1 to dc2 , thw window will remain same , so there will no possibility of using the ViewSet of the second Dc2. if u have enbeded the interface view in the viewset , then the view of the second dc2 will be viewed only in the place of the Interface view .

thanks and regards

Fistae