cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR creation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone clarify me on small doubt when does a PR has to create on what basis it should create actually where do we do the necessary settings for this.

I know that there one setting in the in SPRO->SRM server->Cross application settings->Define objects in backend system(PRs, reservations and POs)

So apart from the above anyother setting will be there for this PR creation.

Beacasue ours is Classsic scenario with version 4 and the user creates a Shopping cart with all the details like vendor, price and all the details but still it creates a PR in the beackend.its not a catalog PO, its simply a thru describe requirement/Text order.

Now my claim is why not its a PO in the Backend. Instead of generation of a PR ????

Please help me.

Regards,

Sairam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Do you go through sourcing to assign a genuine source of supply or is the user simply keying into the "desired vendor" field of the cart?

If they are only entering a desired vendor you will get a req not a PO. You can make this the fixed source of supply using the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to change the partner 00000039 into 00000019 and then you wil get a PO.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave ,

I really thank for your fast reply,

I feel it is a genuine source of supply, because in the text order/describe requeirement what we do is we just will select the product for which already a vendor is attached and we need to enter only price, quantity and UOM and description and create a shopping cart. which shall create a PO in the backend.

So that shall not be a problem I guess. am i right? if not suggest me please.

is it based on a specific product category also to create PR and PO in the backend. do we can customize that way also.

Awaiting your valuable response.

Regards,

Sairam.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While defining the PR/PO setting under SPRO, please verify whether you have selected proper procurement options. Besides that the SC should have a valid contract or Pur.Info in order to create a direct PO.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. So you have a contract or an info record for the product category, and the vendor is there and can be selected in on the source of supply tab? Is the source of supply still attached when the req creates? The source can be lost during approval if you change the plant, unit of measure or product catagory.

Also, you have checked in the IMG and defintily made the right settings in "Define backend objects"? You need to enter the org unit ID of your purchasing groups and the product category, or * and "Purchase order if item data complete" in the "Ext. Proc" column?

You did not try and transport this and get the wrong logical system or something? In our system logicial system is blank in this config transaction.

If non of this helps I am not sure what else can be changed I'm afraid.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I checked all the settings in the SPRO and they appear exactly what you have told. But still it creates a PR in the backend instead of PO.

This is a non catalog PO , I mean Textorder.

Please clarify me

Regards

Sairam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Can you check in the req if the source of suplpy is still assigned, and also check the cart in EBP after it is fully approved, does it still show the source as the fixed source of supply?

I am wondering if the source is being lost whilst the cart is going through approval.

1 more thing, you are not using the BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS BADI are you? That can change what the target object is and will override the config.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (0)