cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP on Oracle RAC 9i

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any of you have deployed Oracle RAC on SAP 4.7.

Pls Reply.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Prashant Parab

+91 9833790632

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would not recommend you to implement RAC on Oracle 9i. Oracle 9i runs out of normal maintenance in a few months and not too many SAP customers used 9i on RAC. Better go to 10g RAC.

Why do you plan to use RAC?

Regards

Martin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ST04 / ST04N is the main SAP transaction that contain RAC specific functionality.

Make sure that you install RAC based on the instructions and information available at the SDN Oracle section. Then the number of problems should be minimized.

Kind regards

Marti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable input. I need RAC related SAP TCODES. Uptill now I have found only ST04 & ST0N. Please help me out by providing more tcodes.

Also I am facing following two issues after configuring RAC.

1. ZDATE_LARGE_TIME_DIFF dump is comming and I am not able to use any TCODE.

2. BRTOOLS (BRCONNECT) is not working from orar3p user id giving follwoing error.

###############################################################################

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/sap/R3P/SYS/exe/run/brconnect because of the following errors:

0509-150 Dependent module libclntsh.a(shr.o) could not be loaded.

0509-022 Cannot load module libclntsh.a(shr.o).

0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exi st.

###############################################################################

Please help me out.

Regards,

Prashant Parab

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to publish specific customer names here, but we have in total several dozens of RAC customers on different operating systems with up to 7 RAC instances.

If your database gets slow during high load, this is often caused by slow I/O. As I/O is not distributed in RAC, using RAC would not help here. What I mean is: Be absolutely sure that RAC can help you with the performance problems before switching to RAC. Otherwise you put a lot of efforts in something that provides no benefit.

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Martin

Thanks for your reply. Our Production server is distributed system still at time of month end due to heavy load system gets slow.

To distribute that we are planning to go for RAC.

Can you name some of the customer who are using SAP with RAc.

Thanks in Advance.

And yes points are rewarded.

Regards,

Prashant Parab.