cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlemnt Rule Error Chaos!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Project pertaining to 2003 with a settlement rule error which has resulted in choas. There was a settlement rule error in 2002 and someone has tried to correct the error by adding new settlement rules - there are currently 58 rules to date! Production has run in all of the settlement rules. I now want to correct this rule in order to close the project and need to add a new rule (no 59). However when I try to insert an end date to no 58 I get a message that the start date of no 58 contradicts the close date of no 27. I've tried changing this end date but SAP won't let me use a prior date nor will it let me use a date after the start date of no 58. As I can't change the start date I am in the position where I can't move forward. All help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Regards

Juliet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have experienced how messy and chaotic settlement rules can be. First, wish you all the best and hope you have a lot of patience.

As for my thoughts on this :

How long have you used the Settlement Rule No.58?, mean how many settlements have happened using this rule. If possible, reverse all of these settlements.

For. Ex. if Rule No.58 was used during the period 01/08 till 04/08 with a monthly settlement run. Then reverse all the 4 settlements, in which case the rule 58 can be modified or could even be deleted to recreate.

I know that this is not really a very good option considering that it is quite an old project spanning across fiscal years. But you could still reverse in the current period and resettle it after all the rules are set in order.

If you already have come up with something, please do share it.

Best of luck,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't believe I understand the question completely, but could you make the end date of rule 27 to finish this period (and any other rules with an end date beyond this point) and create your rule 59 with dates from this period (or next period, I guess)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried that and it still is giving me an error message. The error message still gives me a message saying the rules contradict each other in settlement share. This is because the prior settlement is value specific and the last settlement rule is percentage. However I can't change the settlement rules value/percentage as they have already run and I can't change the rules because of the date problem where the start date of the last settlement rule equals the close date of Settlement rule 27 and therefore i can't go beyond the date and I can't use a date before that as the close date cannot be set at a date prior to the laset settlement run! I've tried inserting a pic of the screen here but can't do so.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juliet

As far as I known,

1. Used settlement rules can NOT be deleted.

2. Used settlmennt rueles can only be closed using last used period.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo