Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I'm facing an issue here pertaining to Billing Reversal:

1. Sales Dept posted an Invoice in Sept 2007.

a. VF01

b. Release to Accounting (automatically)

c. Accounting Document is created

2. Finance Dept cleared the Invoice within a few days.

a. Incoming payment was received / completed

b. Clearing was done

c. Bank reconciliation was processed

3. However, in April 2008, the Sales Dept managed to reverse the Invoice.

a. Invoice reversal created successfully

My question are:

1. Is this standard in SAP?

2. Logically speaking, once all the financial processes has been

completed, shouldn't the Logistics-side be disallowed from reversing

the Invoice? For business reasons, reversal is allowed but this is for

newly created Invoices. For Invoices cleared by Finance, shouldn't SAP disallow reversal?

3. Are there any functions / customization available to disallow

reversal especially when Finance has cleared the Invoice?

I appreciate all replies to this post.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Creation and Reversal are veiwed as two different business processes by SAP. Thats why you have reversal process for every creation process.

It really doesnt matter, if the finance postings have been done for a particular invoice or not...........it is a business functioanlity that is provided by SAP. Creating Credit memo or Debit memo are part of this reversal process.

As you know, Billing / Invoicing comes under the SD functionality. When an invoice is created, an accounting document is automatically created. In the actual business scenario.........the invoice amount is still due.

But the actual payment is physcially received by the company, the finance dept does an payment receivables and clears the postings.

Creating an invoice and sending a copy to your client is a part of the business process that is handled by the sales dept.

on the other hand, handling the amounts received from the customer is your internal process i.e. postings.

REWARD POINTS IF HELPFUL

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is SAP standard. You can reverse the billing even it was cleared. If you want block this for users then u need to block authorization for user to reverse the invoice. For this please check with basis team. they will help u. U just block authorization for VF11 for users by your own requirement.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The cancellation would have done by the clearence of an authority who would have discussed the same with the Finance dept and the business. They do the same due to some specific reasons.

VF11 (cancel invoice) transaction authorization will not be privided to everybody. If you want to restrict the same, then restrict with user authorisation.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Tx VOFA for the billing type to be cancelled(Ex F2), please

fill the field Copying Requirements(V_TVFK-GRBED_S) with '29'.

This routine prevents the cancellation of the billing documents which

have been cleared.