cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing SAP (IDES Version) in Windows Vista Business Edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to install SAP 4.7C in Windows Vista Business edition (OS) i am unable to do that ... i have done below steps

1. Install Java and check its working.(by giving java in command prompt)

2. Installed Oracle 8i , but i was getting only 2 services (1. Oracle Paging 2. Oracle Home).What other services should show in service.

3. While hitting SAPCMD , i am geeting windows command prompt screen for few second and it disapper.Can you please anyone tell me whats wrong or how can i installed in Windows Vista.

Regards

Brijesh Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was trying to install SAP 4.7C in Windows Vista Business edition (OS) i am unable to do that ... i have done below steps

There is no "SAP 4.7c" - it´s either 4.6c or 4.7

2. Installed Oracle 8i , but i was getting only 2 services (1. Oracle Paging 2. Oracle Home).What other services should show in service.

Oracle 8i is LONG out of maintenance, it wasn´t certified on Windows 2003 and it will even less run on Vista (no matter what version).

Vista is a CLIENT operating system, if you want to install you will need to use VMWare or install a dual boot system using Windows 2003. But you will need to get a new installation CD set with at least Oracle 9.2 (which will also run out of standard maintenance in august this year).

Markus

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brijesh,

SAP 4.6C installs on Server edition of Windows OS, it may not work on Windows Vista.

Regards,

Siddhesh