cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message in Runtime Work Bench with "Server Error"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to automatically resend the messages stuck with "Server Error" in RWB? I know we could use the resend button but i was curious is there any other way to resend these messages automatically like is_retry_limit that is available on the ABAP Stack for Integration Server.

Thanks,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen:) ,

doesn't the RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES work in this case?

did you have a look at note - 813029?

also check this one: 873680

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need something else ?

this should work with any king of restartable messages I guess but I'm not 100% sure

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES is for resubmiting messages in Integration Server (ABAP Stack.)

There are two good notes on resubmiting messages

Unfortunately both of then deal with resubmiting messages from Integration Engine.

Once a message is sent to Adapter Engine, the message is check as success in IE , but it could fail in AE due.

Whats going on is , we have a scenario in testing SOAP-XI-JDBC, XI talking with sybase and sybase goes down for maintenace for couple of hours each day. Hence we have many message in RWB with server error. We can manually resubmit all of them.

I initially thought rsxmb_resubmit_messages could handle these error... but i was wrong.

Any more thoughts??

Regards,

Naveen

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

now I get it:)

hmm maybe some workaround:

>>>goes down for maintenace for couple of hours each day.

don't you thing it could be muche easier if you could

schedule your messages so that they won't be sent

during this maintanace ?

are you suing BPM ? maybe some WAIT step?

or something else?

this could prevent those error situations

so eliminate the source don't you think?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Check the last reply in this thread...

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal / Anand ,

Michal : we do have it in a BPM , the problem in our scenario is that sybase goes down sporadically each day random in nature for maintenaince and for other stuff. This could be from few secs to few mins. During this time some messages will fail, AE will try to resubmit the messages 3 times as per the configuiration in Visaul admin. But after 3 times in puts the emssages as "system error". We have to manually go and resubmit. what would be nice is an automated program that we could shcedule for resubmiting the messges with system error status.

Anand: yes we did look at it and the post doesnt address the solution we are seeking.

lets see what sap has to say..

i will keep you all posted.

cheers,

naveen

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>i will keep you all posted.

thanks

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> For messages stuck in Adapter Engine, select the errored out messages in MDT , reprocess them(this was a suggestion for a note we raised to SAP)

Yes it's not sn solution but I guess it's SAP's suggestion(solution) :-).

anway's let us know SAP's answer you get for this.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I am still not convinced why we have to manually resend messages in AF when in IE we could schedule a report for resubmiting.

I hope to get a simillar functionality for AE too

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's right...

but remember we did'nt have a alerting mechanism for adapter errors though we had for integration engine failures.

may be this is one of such scenario solution for which will be provided in future service packs..

anyway's let's wait for an answer from SAP on this..

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

On the contrary there is now alerting mechanisms for adapter errors since SP13.

there is a way now...

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>On the contrary there is now alerting mechanisms for adapter errors since SP13.

I guess it's available from SP14...

Have you tried configuring alerts for adapter erros in SP13 or SP14 ?

we are on SP12 and I just browsed SP13 and SP14 documentaion but did find any mention of it ...

>>there is a way now...

may there is a way for this aswell:-)

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

This should have been a seperate post, i could have got some points

here is an extract on how to do

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e5/5d1741b393f26fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Configuring CCMS Alerts for the Adapter Engine

If processing of a message on the Adapter Engine fails, the message state is changed to faulty. To notify administrators immediately of such processing failures, they can be propagated as alerts to CCMS. As CCMS is the SAP standard interface to third-party monitoring tools, these failure events may also become visible in non-SAP monitoring tools.

Configuration Steps

To make use of Adapter Engine alerts, you must configure the connection to CCMS as follows:

1. Make sure that the J2EE engine on which the Adapter Engine is running is configured to be monitored by the central CCMS system.

To do so, execute transaction RZ20 on your central monitor server. There, the J2EE engine should be visible in the CCMS monitor under SAP J2EE Monitor Templates ® All Systems. If not, follow the steps described in the Supportability Setup Guide for SAP NetWeaver 04 on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/nw04operation ® Cross-NW.

2. Check whether the Adapter Engine is configured to report errors to CCMS.

To do so, start the Visual Administrator and select service SAP XI AF Core. The value of property CCMSEnabled must be set to true (in lower case letters). If it is not, change the property value to true and restart the service.

To verify that the setting is effective, select the Visual Administrator Monitoring service. Under Root ® Applications, you should see a node for the Adapter Engine.

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal/Anand,

We found a work around solution. Like the retry limit which we can set in sxmb_adm , we can also change the retry count in AE, by defaut its set to 3 times, 3 minutes apart.

THis count can be changed in Visual Admin->server->services-> SAP XI Adapter: XI.

here we changed the numberRetries parameter from 3 to 10 and aslo changed retryInterval.

Cheers,

Naveen

Answers (0)