cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format Number Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing a problem in Message Mapping. In the Arithmatic Category we have used the function Format Number. The Number Format is 0.0

Decimal Separator is (BLANK)

In this case If I input any value say 8 or 8.0 then the output should be 8.0. However, I am getting 8,0(COMMA Separator) as the output. This causes the Mapping to Fail.

This problem occurs on one landscape where as on the other landscape it works fine and gives the output as expected.

Can anybody help me on that?? Am I missing anything in configuration or are there some special settings for it??

Kindly help.

Regards,

Rohit K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

I'm not sure, but if decimal separator is left as [BLANK] in the Format function, it could be mean default separator is used (taken from the locale - or regional settings in windows - of the J2EE server) ...

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

I have already checked it. On both landscape it is same but i am still facing the same problem.

Do you know any other setting?

Plz help,

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not anything else that comes to my mind now ... But why don't you set it explicitly in the function param ?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think u must mention the character "." as the decimal separator. The variation in result may be due to different support package levels. Have a look at SAP Note 958486

It would be better not to use BLANK bcoz from PI 7.1 Decimal Separator option has been made mandatory.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if you put the decimal separator as blank then it will use the . as a decimal separator.

and when you use the ny other symbol in the decimal separator then it will use that sysmob as decimal separator.

so please check in ur format number properties what u ahve given.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could u check the number format as ###.0

Decimal Separator is (BLANK)

regards,

pradeep A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want a '.' as Decimal Separator why do you don't write it explicitly in the function?

Regards

Patrick

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once again check the properties of Format num function

under arithimetic.

decimal seaprator may be-','.

regards

mahesh.