cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP - MISL Functionality Not Wroking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are implementing GATP and were trying to demo MISL Scenario. Despite all the requisite settings, i get no confirmation inspite of the fact that stock exists at the given location as well as the alternative locations. When called from R/3, i get to a screen where it shows no confirmation. Upon tracking the rule from there i can find the rule assigned. But somehow it is not picking the stocks at these locations nor suggests an alternative location. Moreover it is difficult to get hold of any config doc on MISL. Please help.

Thank You

Rajiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario

P1 can be delivered from L1 and L2

P2 can be delivered from L1 and L2

ATP for P1 is +ve in L1 and L2

ATP for P2 is +ve only in L2

Location determination procedure is set to search firstly in L1 and secondly in L2

Sales order requests P1 in line item 1 and P2 in line item 2.

a) If MISL is not used, ATP confirmation would happen for P1 from L1 and P2 from L2.

b) If MISL is used, ATP confirmation for P1 and P2 will happen from L2.

Create the necessary configuration and master data.

First check option a.

Create a rule without MISL. Assign the rule determination condition record.

Create a sales order for P1 and P2 as item 10 and item 20.

P1 confirms from L1 and P2 confirms from L2 as expected. (This was the case with RBATP w/o MISL.

Now check option b

Create another rule of the type MISL. Create a location determination procedure of the type 3 with L1 and L2. Assign the rule determination condition records so that the sales order will determine this rule too. You should create another condition type/access for determining the condition record for MISL rule.

When you enter the order, the system should find both the rules that ie the rule found in option a and also the MISL rule that we just created above.

Now create another sales order;

Enter P1 and P2 on line items 10 and 20; rule determination will kick off and confirmation will happen from L1 and L2 respectively for items 10 and 20. This is happening without the MISL rule impacting the sales order.

Now go to the shipping tab and check the complete delivery indicator, ATP is called again and this time both the items are confirmed from L2.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev

Thanks for the elaborate reply

I followed the steps. Thankfully i am no onger getting any error message. However MISL Is still not happening even though both the RUles are being taken into creation. I will tell you the changes i made stepwise.

1. I created a normal location determination procedure of type 0. After making all the relevant settings i checked for location substitutions by creating a Sales Order. They were happening perfectly.

2. then i created another location determination procedure of type 3 and assigned it to a new rule. Thereafter in spro settings i created another Condition type similar to the one for a normal location determination procedure in step 1. I then went to maintain RUle Strategy and assigned both the condition types (one for normal location determination procedure rule and another for MISL location determination rule). The sequence was - step 10 for condition type to rule MISL and step 20 for condition type to rule location subst.

I then created rule determination so that ATP check acesses both the rules for same sales order.

Is this the correct way of defining the rules ?

3. Now when i create Sales Order, I define both the items. i then goto shipping tab to define Complete Delivery. WHen i click on shipping i am taken for an ATP CHeck. Since this is not for complete delivery, i reject. I am then back to shipping tab screen. I then click the complete delivery and select the line items and cleck on ATP Check button at the bottom. Is this the right way?

I am again taken to the same screen where substitutions have taken place in the norma way and no MISL has happened.

Now, under the header of RUle, there are several buttons. For a particular line item, if i press the button against schedule line, i see that both the rules (MISL and normal loc subst) are taken into consideration. When i click on the button below (which is against Product/Location subst Row), i only get the normal location subst rule.

I am sorry as i can't provide screenshot but i am sure i am missing out on some setting. Can you please reply..

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have availability in the location from which you want to deliver both the line items? If not, put some stock and then test. Your steps and configurations are correct.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MISL works and is used in the following scenario

There are multiple items in the sales order.

There are multiple locations which can supply the sales order items.

If MISL is activated confirmation will happen from the location which can supply all the sales order items.

Check your scope of check. That could be a reason of not getting confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the response

I had raised an OSS message wrt to this and they mentioned that when you create the Rule of type MISL, there should be atleast one RUle of type "Inclusive" already present. Now is there any linkage between MISL rule and this inclusive rule? I had an inclusive Prod Subst Rule already present but still it wasn't working. Can you suggest some action.

Thanks

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main set up to initiate MISL are

1) Activation of MISL in the SPRO.

2) Activation of MISL in the inclusive rule.

3) Activation of RBATP in the Check instruction.

And I guess you should have the inclusive rule to get the 'substitute locations' to check whether all products can be delievred from that locations.Just change your rule to 'location substitution'.

And if doesn't work then set the field 'Action after MISL' in the integrated rule maintanence to 'Switch off preselection and continue with RBATP".

Let us see the result of ATP check changes..

Regards,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all thanks for replying to my message

I think i have carried out the instructions. I will point out wat all i have done:

In SPRO Settings for RBA Check

1. Maintain Field Types

2. Maintain Access Sequence

3. Maintain Condition Type

4. Maintain Rule Strategy

5. Assign Rule Strategy

6. Activate MISL

Then in Integrated Rule Maintenance

1. . Create Location Subst Procedure of type 3 and define the locations which MISL SHould Consider. I have used two locations.

2. We create Rule of type MISL

3. Assign this location subst procedure to rule of type MISL

4. Assign a Rule Control to this Rule of Type MISL

5. Create another rule of type inclusive - Now in the document sit is mentioned "create rule of type MISL and another rule of type inclusive." Now i am not sure how we are supposed to define this inclusive rule.

a) DO we link it in some way to MISL rule

b) WHat Substitution Procedures do we define for this inclusive rule

c) WHat Rule control we assign to it.

OR

Is it just that an inclusive type of rule must exist without any relevance to MISL rule. I don't think this would be the case as this actually doesn't make sense to me)

6. Create Rule determination - Here i have assigned the rule of MISL Type to the COndition Type. DO we have to define it for the inclusive rule ???

Now when In R/3 i carry out following steps:

1. VA01 - Create Sales Order

2. In the sales order screen i enter 2 different products at one plant (which is present in the locations subst procedure)

3. Now I click on shipping to define it for complete delivery and also to assign delivery group (Is this the right way??)

4. I get an information message saying "No SUbst for Product with Rules Immediately"

I am totally lost as to where i am going wrong. I have worked on Prod and Loc subst in RB ATP but am working for the first time on MISL. I have gone through watever is available on saphelp on MISL but am still not able to configure.

It would be great if you could write steps to configure MISL

Thank You

Rajiv