cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using two JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am working on two projects that are presently using two JDI. They plan to integrate as soon as the second one will be stable enough.

I have done quite some works on the first one using netweaver studio. This morning I tried to connect to the second one. So I have change the JDI url in studio.

However netweaver studio always tries to connect to the first one. I tried to change many settings but it always come back to the first one.

Is there something to do in such a case.

Kind Regards

Antoine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

The first thing is you go and change the SLD URL for the second JDI Windows -> Preferences -> JDI -> Dev Config as has been mentioned by Pavel. However in your post you have written that you are changing the URL so i assume that this is not the problem.

I feel you should also go and select the client which you are connecting to. This you do using menu option DTR -> Select Client. Just make sure that it points to the correct one.

Just a pointer see if it helps you.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using two JDI that use two different SIDs.

I have change the URL in JDI Windows -> Preferences -> JDI -> Dev Config

I have also created a new DTR client.

This does not help.

Antoine

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

Persisting with my earlier suggestion, did you select the newly created client.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I selected the newlyt created client. I am using a JDI with a CBS.

Antoine

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

Please navigate to the to the directory .dtr. This directory is usually located in the C:\Document and Settins\<Useid>\...

Here you will find three xml files clients.xml, servers.xml and user.xml.

Here under servers.xml please make sure that your new JDI server is mentioned. Also please check the URL's.

Also there is file called lastused.client. here you can find which client you used the last time to connect.

There are also files called <DEVCONFIG>.system. In these also please check whether the URL's are correct.

Lets try these things.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDS tries to connect to all configured clients with the same credentials, when you login (stupid!). Therefore, if your credentials are not the same on both JDI's, you'll never be able to login to either of them... The only option is to delete everything related to the JDI you do NOT want to connect to: remove Dev Config's, delete DTR clients and edit servers.xml appropriately.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

I don´t know if your problem has already been solved but have a look at

/people/helmut.tammen2/blog/2005/09/27/running-multiple-versions-of-netweaver-developer-studio-on-one-developer-pc--another-approach

I described how I´m working with several configurations in this weblog.

Regards

Helmut

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Are you using two different sld's for those two JDI's

because the NWDS tries to contact the sld first.