cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating between views of 2 DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have 2 webdynpro DCs.. DC1 and DC2. I need to call one view in DC2 from DC1 application.

I am listing down the steps i did so far (considering I need to navigate from DC1 to DC2..)

-> Declared the component of DC2 in its Public Part.

-> Added the Public Part of DC2 under the Used DCs of DC1.

-> Added the interface of DC2 in the Used Component of DC1.

-> Embedded an interface view of DC2 under Windows in component of DC1.

-> Create a navigaton link between View of DC1 and interface view of DC2.

Now after this, u asked me to declare a function for calling the FirePlug. I am not understanding where to declare and where to call.

Also, there are 2 Deploy options -

1) DC Project -> Deploy

2) DC Project -> WebDynpro -> Application -> AppName-> Deploy...

Which deploy option shall I use ?

Please provide your valuable suggestions. Its really urgent...

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

As you want to call DC2 view from DC1 application, in the DC1 you create a Button/LinkToAction UI element and bound an action to that Button/LinkToAction. In that action write a code to fire a plug that you have created to DC2.

Also, there are 2 Deploy options -

1) DC Project -> Deploy

If you make any changes in DC2 then which you are using in DC1 then do the DC Project -> Deploy for both DC2 & DC1 respecively.

2) DC Project -> WebDynpro -> Application -> AppName-> Deploy...

You can call this when you want to run the application, here it is DC1 application.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhansi,

I understood what u suggested. But suddenly my DCs are not building. When I am doing Project->DC->Build, the build is not happenning. Infact there are no build messages also appearing in the General User Output section...

So the Used DC interfaces are not reflected under the Used Components...

This thing is happening from just a few time back... Previously it was Building properly...

Please suggest what might have gone wrong...

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If the Development component is not getting build means , the dc has some build errors . U can see the Build Errors in the InfraStructure Console .

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

Thanks for the quick solution. But please tell me the path of going to Infrastructure Console. Also, I am not using any NWDI infrastructure... I am creating the DCs locally....

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go to the Window --> Show View --> Infrastructure Console .

Or

Window --> Show View -->Others -->(Type Infrastructure Console in the filter) Infrastructure Console .

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I found out why the Build is not taking place. In the error log.. its stating that "Build is impossible due to cyclic DC usages".

When does this sort of error come into picture and how do I remove it...? Actually I have recently started working with DCs... So I m not aware about most of the things...

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Suppose u have Two dc Component A and B , u might have Exposed Both the Component to the public Part.

Cyclic Dependencies Arises when u wnt to navigate to tjhe first dc and then to second dc and again to the First Dc.

because the dependencies rule has been violated .

please check the Component Properties of the Main dc A and the Other Dc B.

thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cyclic dependencies are not allowed here. Seems that you have added DC2 as used DC in DC1 and again DC1 as used DC in DC2.Why are you using the DC in which you have already used the first DC and what is your requirement??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

So does that mean I cannot do mutual sharing of values in between DCs ?

Suppose there is an inputfield in a View in DC1 and a button in which DC2 is called. we enter some value in the inputfield in DC1 view and click on button to call DC2 view. This view also has a inputfield and a button to go back to DC1. The value of the inputfield in DC2 is what the user enters in DC1.

Here in DC2, the user again changes the value and clicks on botton to go back to DC1.

So if this scenario, DCs need to share the components of each other. But then it will lead to cyclic dependency again.

So if we need to share values and navigate inbetween components in different applications, how do we avoid Cyclic Dependency ??

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

As Cyclis Dependencies is not Possible in the Web Dynpro Java , we cant navigate from dc2 to the main dc1 but the data Sharing can done using the External Context Mapping.

as u want to navigate from the dc2 to dc1 , then u can use the ViewSet or any other ui elements (Tab Strip) for ur requirements. in the viewset u ca define the main view and the interface view .so when u navigate from one dc1 to other dc2 in the same window .

thyanks and regards,

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

Thanks for the idea. But I dont think my client will agree to that.

I have another idea. Please give me your feedback on this.

Suppose I am navigating from DC1 to DC2. So I am adding public part of DC2 in DC1. Hence we cannot add public part of DC1 to DC2.. as it will lead to cyclic dependency.

But if we create another DC.. say DC3.. now this DC3 shares the public part of DC1. And DC2 contains the public part of DC3. So we can navigate from DC2 to DC3. And then from DC3 to DC1.

Will this also lead to cyclic dependency ??

If there is no other solution then I will propose your idea.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

of Course this will lead to the Cyclic dependencies .

I think then u have to delete the component i[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8748] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];nstatnce

please refer this blog for Component Usage.

thanks and regards

Fistae

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Navigating from the Dc2 to the Dc1 results in Cyclic dependencies and one possible solution for ur problem is creating th component and Usage and when u wnt to navigate to the first dc 1 from ddc2 (On click of a Button), then in the on Action delete the component Usage so that u will be in the first dc 1. refer the blog which i have given in the previous thread.

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

The requirement is solved. Actually I needed to call many DCs from the Main DC... So I created a viewset in the left side... In the left Viewset... I gave LinkToActions for calling different DCs.. and in the right viewset, I embedded the interface views of all the required DCs... Now on the click of the LinkToActions I am plugging to the respective DC interface views.

This way I avoided cyclic dependency... The link sent by you was also very helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Answers (0)