cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi friends

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i am not a learner but new to this forum.

i saw many questions and some people r answering and gaining points.good but what benifit we will get by gaining points? whats use of it of sparing our time with this forum.

pls clarify my doubt. bye all the best to u all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi PRiya

Welcome to SDN

The purpose of this forum is to solve the querries related to SAP and not to GAIN points. I will say not only solving querries but this forums are best TUTOR also

Giving Points is nothing but one kind of appritiation for the ppl who answer correctly and solve the issues

ya erlier ppl use to get something in reward if the crossing the slab of points but that is stoped now and if you want to know whst the use of points then just check this link. The points r used for GOOD CAUSE

/people/mark.finnern/blog/2007/11/28/food-for-points

regards

Vishal

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thank u for responding me.

cathy, srinath, prasanth,lakshmipathi,riyaj,wish. thanks to u all.

just i am seeing how many people will respond to my thread. 6 responded. thank u.

have a nice day

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya .

First Of All welcome to sdn.

U r Querry.....

.why need to answer the questions in sdn is quite awsome...

Here is my Justfication.

1) In this world there is only one thing which how much we Distribute that much we gain is 'knowledge'.

and i personally feel when u r doing help to others who despiretly need that...no need to expect the same thing from them but when u need the help some where some how u will definetly get that...

2) Getting Points is more Prestigious than any one like gifts or some thing bla bla.....

some experieced interviewrs will even ask how much points u hold in sdn..?

So just keep on replying if u get points ok if u dont get also fine.....Just keep in mind..that u r reducing pain of some one!!!

Thankful to me also when u see this Thread

regards

Sas

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, in my opinion, the purpose of joining this forum is not to gain points. The most benefit is that we can learn each other and share our knowledge, experience & ideas.

Imagine you are a learner and learn much from those people who are located in different countries. You really want to thanks them from the bottom of your heart. Due to the distance, you just can post "thanks" and reward points as to express your respect.

One day, you can become a mentor in this forum. How do you know it? Look at the points you have gained.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi priya

Welcome to the SDN Forum.

Well as you said the purpose of being here is to share our knowledge. and not the points .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not for the points or any free gifts, it is only to enhance and share your knowledge. As everybody know, once you are in the job, you hardly get time to learn and enhance the skill set. This forum is very much useful for the same. By going through the questions, you are brushing up your subject again and again.

Prase

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya

Welcome to this forum.

Please go thru this link which will answer your question

[Contributor Recognition Program FAQ|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/crphelp]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WELCOME to one of the Popular SAP Forum.(www.sdn.sap.com)

Here its nothing to do with the Points earned.

But the main objective of this forum is, to share one's knowledge wtih others.

as all of us believes-

"Knowledge sharing is ther Only way to enhance one's Skill" -

*sometimes SDN awarded to the members to those who got specific points-marked by the forum admin's"-

Like: distributed T-shirts with Username / points earned.

Ultimately-

it increases one's Confidence Level.