cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup plug is missing - Wht this means

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When i was building dc i was getting startup plug missing error.Can i know about this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Got resolved.Deleted all the traces of NWDS.I have res-installed Netweaver Developer studio.

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,Here there is no concept of creating an application.

I just created a component and then a window and again i have deleted the window what i have created and created a new window and i have embeded a view on the New Window.

In the above scenario i have builded the DC and further i was getting error that start plug was missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

You will get that error when there is no startup plug in the Interface View. To resolve that error

1. Open your Interface View(which will be under your component->COmponent Interface->InterfaceViews)

2. Go to plugs->Inbound Plugs->Click on New->Now give the name as "Default" and select the type as startup->click on Finish.

3. Save All Metadata of your DC.

4.Reload you DC.

this resolves tour problem.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have deleted my Application and have i have builded the DC.Error got resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar

Can you please explain the procedure you did and if you resolved your query,please close the thread

Regards

Chaitanya.A

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Iam very thankful for your responses.

Actually i started working on DC's.

I have created an App.

I have created a component,window and an iview

Again I have created another window and i have embeded the already created iview on the new Window

then i have deleted the First Window

When i have builded the DC i got error saying Startup plug missing

---Error solved

I have created an inbound plug under the components > Interface views> SecondWindow. There i have created an inbound plug keeping type as Default Startup plug

After that i have deleted my Application.

I have build the DC and i didnot got any errors.

--

I have deployed my DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the window of your project and check whether it contains a startup plug or not.

If it doesnt exist create one as

Go to plugs tab of window

Inbound->New->

Specify a name(Default)

Set the type as startup

Regards

Ayyapparaj

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

while creating the component A start up plug has to defined .

this plug is used to fire the first default view , when u deploy and run the application .

open the Window of the Component and check whether u have got the Default plug (in blue colour, not attached to any view ).

and if it exists the check whether u have set the default view in ur application.(if not right click on the View in the Window -->default)

thanks and regards

Fistae

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What i need to solve this problem.I have created an Inbound Plug Start view.But the problem is not solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar

<Your Project >

-

> Web Dynpro

-

> Applications

-

>Right Click -->Create Application

Mention name and Package,,choose FINISH

Deploy the new application

or delete the exsisting Application and create a new one

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

First create a new Window for the Component .

open the data Modellar of the Component -->create Window (Tab) and give the interface view and finally in the window create the start inbound plug.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

As u have created the default start up plug , now u cant fire the First view so again create a Default Out BoundStandard PLug in the Window (as FFFFF) note : it is not Attached to any view .

Now open the Java editor of the Window and here u can find the method "ONPlugDefault " .in this method u can fire the std OutBound Plug(FFFFF)

wdThis.wdFirePlugFfffff();

Go to the Window Editor and create a DataLink between the STD plug(FFFFF) and the inbound plug of the Default view .

thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar

Reason

At the time of creating an application,it will refer the window which you create,

if you delete the window which is refering your application,then you will get this error.

Solution:

Delete your existing Application and create a new Application

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, i have deleted my window.But at the same time i have created a new window and embeded the existing view on the new window.Is this correct or anything i need to do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes , what you did is correct, even if you create new window, application will refer your old window, so delete existing application and create a new application

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in the new window we have define the default plug or in the Default view create a inbound plug(test) and go the Default view Java editor and Fire the test plug.

thanks and regards

Fistae

0 Kudos

when you create an application in WDpro proyect you must define a valid startup plugin

check this parameter