cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can Anyone explain me the significance of the field "Credit Control Area" in Sales Area Data-Billing Tab Page.

Regards,

Raj..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rajesekhar

in customer master record there will be only one credit control area and you are linking this credit credit control area to this customer.

Because there could be more than one credit credit control area, assigned to a company code. and it is your responsible to know that to which credit credit control area you are assigning this customer. and to which credit credit control area it has been assigned . to know that only we are keeping that feild in CMR

For that purpose only we are assigning a credit control area in the CMR -> sales area tab

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the reply.say my client "A" has 2 company codes "C1" and "C2" and say "CC1" and "CC2" are respective credit control areas of comp codes C1 and C2.lets assume that "X" is a customer of both the comp codes C1 and C2.

Now my ques is that in the customer master data of "X" which credit control area should i have to maintain as there is no option of maintaing 2 credit control areas in 1 cust master record.

rgds,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

A credit control area is an organizational unit for specifying and controlling customer credit limits. A credit control area can include one or more company codes. It is not possible to divide a company code into several credit control areas.

utility :

The credit control area is used for credit management in the application components Accounts Receivable (FI-AR) and Sales and Distribution (SD).

You define a credit control area according to the areas of responsibility for credit monitoring. For each credit control area, you enter a key , a name , and the currency in which the credit limit is to be managed in the credit control area. You select a four-character alphanumeric key. In the simplest case, each company code corresponds to one credit control area. In this case, we recommend that you use the same key for the credit control area as for the company code.

Each credit control area carries out credit control for one or more company codes and, to enable it to do this, you must assign the respective credit control area to the company codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the reply.say my client "A" has 2 company codes "C1" and "C2" and say "CC1" and "CC2" are respective credit control areas of comp codes C1 and C2.lets assume that "X" is a customer of both the comp codes C1 and C2.

Now my ques is that in the customer master data of "X" which credit control area should i have to maintain as there is no option of maintaing 2 credit control areas in 1 cust master record.

rgds,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you assign the credit control area say "XXXX" in the sales area data "Billing tab" then the credit limit amount for that particular customer will be taken from the credit control area "XXXX".

And also you need to maintain the credit limit for that customer in the T-code "FD32" by maintaining the credit control area "XXXX".

Regards,

Mallesh.

Edited by: Mallesh on Apr 28, 2008 9:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

rgds,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: Roddick Redy on Apr 28, 2008 9:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekhar,

Credit control area:

The credit control area in customer master determines which credit area does the customer falls in. You normally specify the credit limit for each customer at transaction code - FD32 as per the credit control area.

The systems tracks the credit limit of the customer at the order level through credit control area assigned at the customer master level.

When you create an order and enter a customer number, the system tracks the credit limit data of the customer given in transaction code FD32 through the credit control area entered at the customer master - billing tab level.

The credit control area is an organizational entity which grants and monitors a credit limit for customers. A credit control area can include one or more company codes. You can also enter the credit control area separately for each posting, if this was marked in the appropriate company code.

When entering an order, the credit control area can also be determined from the business area and the sales area segement of the payer's master record or using a user exit. It follows that company codes and credit control areas are not linked.

The only thing that you define in the company code table is the default credit control area. This is used either for payments on account to credit these payments, or where you did not enter a credit control area or the system could not determine one. There is also an allocation table of permitted credit control areas per company code which is used to check entries only.

REWARRD POINTS IF HELPFUL

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

rgds,

raj