cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Online Backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using mssql database for our one of the BWP sysem. I am trying to take online backup through DB13. But i am not getting the online/offline options in DB13 callender. May i know the proper steps to schedule online backup through DB13.

Advance thanks.

with regards

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Vamsi,

In these case backup is completed succesfully. But i have selected master,msdb, SID backups in full database backup. Then i am planning to take transactional log backup also. Is this backups enough for recovery or not?

thnx in advance

with regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check Note 44449 - Backup strategies with the SQL server

mark if helpful

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx,

But i am unable to schedule the full database backup. May i know the exact steps to do that.

Advancd thanks

with regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to schedule the backup from DB13 firstly you have to intialize the disk or tape.You can do this in the server management studio go to server objects and then create a disk or tape for you intially.

THen just go to db13 select the date and double click on the coloum it will ask you the to select the disks first select them then schedule the backup.

Regards,

Vamshi.

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

backups through db13 are always online. A online backup is created through the execution of a backup database or backup log command during the runtime of the SQL Server. And this is exactly what the db13 is doing, it schedules a job (for later or immediately execution) with a backup database/log command.

A offline backup can be done, when you shutdown the SQL Server (and of course the SAP system) and do a filecopy on system level. This can't be done through db13, as the SAP system is down in that time.

Regards

Clas