cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User trace to send monthly report

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Here i have a requiement to to trace the user who are working on ecc 6.0. I need to send monthly and weekly report on basis of the t.codes,screens,all logs they were working on. I have checked sm21,sm04 and al08 t.codes etc for this. sm21 t.code though giving some output but it is not upto the mark what i require. Kindly suggest.Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for user trace (t.codes,screens,all logs they were working on)

you need to activate sap audit trace.

for configure audit check tcode SM19

you can use filter.

after configuring SAP Audit use tcode SM20 for display audit trace

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I went to SM19 t,code and i created profile named user.In filter 1 i have given the client and * for users and click the tick mark for the detailed configuration. Similarly for filter 2 and saved it.

I went to sm20 t.code and try to find the audit. is this is the procedure.Please let me know if iam wrong. thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes

alternatvie you can use dynamic configuration for audit.

after configuring audit in SM19 you need to activate it and restart the sap server to take effect.

further check

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2c/c59d37d373243de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created the profile in sm19 on 28th of april and now iam asking for the detailed user report it shows me only report upto 2nd of may.As of today is 9th. Why iam missing the trace. iam giving the input time and date correctly only. Please assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SM20 -> Goto -> file list

check where audit log file is present for 9 th may or not.

if audit file is not present then might be some one deactivate the audit.

you need to distribute the audit configuration again in SM19

SM19 -> click on change -> check you filter -> save

reward if helpful

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal,

This was a pending call. I have created one by one many profiles in sm19 t.code and activated it. Stopped my SAP server and restarted it. But yet i could not suxceed.Where iam doing the mistake. kindly let me know.

Where is this user trace getting accumulated. Schould i delete my old entries for any ne wone to join. is it like that.Where can i find the user trace log in the server.Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no need to create more then one profile.

first delete all profile you created.

now in SM19 create one profile and activate the trace according to your filter as alternative if you don't want to create profile then select tab dynamic configuration in SM19 select your server and click on activate audit.

the old log file can found under /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS<instance_number>/log/audit_*****

regards,

kaushal