cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP GUI through commandline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to install the SAP GUI 7.1 through the command line, the below components has to be enabled:

SAP GUI Suite

R/3 Add-On

Legacy Components

BW Add-On

Tweak-GUI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First I use the NwSapSetupAdmin.exe in the setup folder and create a package. I select only those components I want for my installation. I give it a recogizable name like 710_SAPGUI.

Then from my PC (logged on as admin ) I use this command line:

<drive letter>:\<folder install is stored>\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Package="710_SAPGUI"

ex: R:\Test_710\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Package="710_SAPGUI"

I've found it installs faster if the files are copied on the local drive than to run from a network share. Once done delete the files copied down.

The key is to use the parameter /Package. Then SAP installation manager launches. You are presented with a window asking which package to install. Check the only one there 710_SAPGUI. proceed with the installation.

I find it strange that the installer did not pickup the fact I already identified the package but it works.

To uninstall just add the parameter /Uninstall

<drive letter>:\<>folder install is stored>\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Package="710_SAPGUI"

R:\Test_710\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Uninstall /Package="710_SAPGUI"

Hope this is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. The products in SAPGUI comp.2 (check your compilation version) is :

"SAPWUSECL710GUI710TWEAKBW350KW710GUI710ISHMEDSAPGUI710" (check in SapGuiSetup.cfg) also SAPBI is Bussines Explorer.

Find the NwSapSetup.exe file, :

Example :

D:\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Product="SAPGUI710GUI710TWEAKBW350" /NODLG

This command to installing the SAPGUI710 TWEAKER and BW 3.5 components. Modify like you need. Regards.