cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have archived one repository. I have already created users and roles but when i'm trying to load this repository, it is showing that the port is already in use.

What should i need to do?

Regards

Richa

Edited by: Richa Goel on Apr 28, 2008 12:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two repositories cannot be loaded on same port.

Select the MDM Server -> Select the repository name from the list displayed under the Repositories.You can see the port property of the repository change its value to any number between 2000 to 9999.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa ,

"the port is already in use"

This message comes when you try to load a Repository on a port which is already in use by another Repository.You just click on the MDM Server in Console an check the port number on which you are trying to load your Repository some another repository must be using that same port.

You can do one thing either unload the running Repository on your port or change the port of your archived Repository.You can do it by clicking on the server name in Console and then select your archived Repository and change the port make sure this time the port you are entering must not be in use by another Repository otherwise you will face the same message "the port is already in use".

Hope it will solve your problem.

Reward if helpfull.

Thanks,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

Whenever you have to create a new repository or unarchieve with new name, you have to give a port number +/- 5 which is not used. example if there is a repository with port 3525, give new repository a new port as 3520 or 3530.

prerequisite is that Port number should not be used elsewhere. Tip ( Every repository should not use +/- 5 number of other port number. you can find out which TCP ports are used on your PC by calling "netstat -a" in a command line of your PC. You'll get a list of used TCP ports as result.)

Hope this helps,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might be using the port which is already used for another repository.

Check the port in the repository and change it.

Cheers,

Narendra.M