Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4.7 Migration from True 64 Unix to Sun Solaris on Oracle

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to Migrate our SAP 4.7 System to Sun Solaris whis is running on True 64 Unix / Oracle 9i. Database will be same, only OS will be changed to True 64 Unix to Sun Solaris. So can we take the

backup of the current Database of the True 64 SAP system and restore this backup after installting the SAP in Sun Solaris? Is it possible or we have to export the current SAP system with SAPINST tool and install the SAP system with htis export dump? Migration key will be required if we will go for SAP export with SAPINST tool.

Please help me ASAP if possible.

Thanks

Gautam Poddar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Migrations require a certified migration consultant on-site, otherwise you will loose support http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration) What you will do basically is a heterogeneous system copy. And yes, you will need a migration key.

Markus

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

We are planning to Migrate our SAP 4.7 System to Sun Solaris whis is running on True 64 Unix / Oracle 9i. Database will be same, only OS will be changed from True 64 Unix to Sun Solaris. So can we take the backup of the current Database of the True 64 SAP system and restore this backup after installting the SAP in Sun Solaris? Is it possible or we have to export the current SAP system with SAPINST tool and install the SAP system with htis export dump? Migration key will be required if we will go for SAP export with SAPINST tool.

Please help me ASAP if possible.

Thanks

Gautam Poddar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes Migration key is required

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do DB export / import migration. Check the migration guide in service.sap.com