cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI use case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am searching for XI use case information like what situtation should/shouldn't we use XI in the application integration. I was told that there are certain situations XI(PI) is required (not an option) fro SAP to SAP communication like for SEM to ECC, etc.. Is there a document which specified the use case of XI. Any information is greately appreciated.

thanks..HP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies and links.

Are there any use cases that XI is a requirement for SAP to SAP integration? As I mentioned before, I was told that XI is required for some scenarios like SEM to ECC integration, etc.. Is there any listing available?

thanks..HP

Edited by: Hari Potti on Apr 28, 2008 8:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi HP,

I am not sure about the list of the XI used in SAP 2 SAP system.

In SAP Retail Integration also SAP XI is used.

Regards,

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi HP,

SAP XI/PI is acts as Central Integration Point of communication between various Application or Business Systems . These systems itself can be SAP or Non SAP.

When you two systems to integrate which or non SAP system the usage of XI is suggested. But when you integrating two systems which are SAP systems only, then normal ALE connections doest the work.

The catch is

Suppose there is landscape which has 2 SAP System and 1 or many non SAP System XI/PI Usage make the integration work much easier. As it acts as central point of communication all the systems need to XI/PI and not between each systems.

This link also helps you

http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/pdf/BWP_SB_ExchangeInfrastructure.pdf

Hope this answers your query

Regards

Ramesh P