cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank space while making UI elements invisible.

former_member85655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some urgent help on a project that we are working for a customer. This has got to do with Webdynpro views. Our window contains almost 8 views one below the other all show at one time. However there is a requirement based on which the visibility of view 2-8 will depend on events in View 1. I know we can tweak the visibility of the RootContainerUIelement or the Visibility of the View Container to hide/unhide views. But I see that when we hide the views this way ,its leaving a huge empty space. I don’t want this huge empty space but want the views to just adapt so that if View 2 is not needed View3 moves up and takes it place. I almost tried all options on the visibility - BLANK,NONE on RootUIContainer, Viewcontainer etc before coming over to you. Do you have any ideas how this huge space occupied can be made invisible in deed.

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Place the views in a Grid Layout and set the

stretchHorizontal and stretchVertical to false and see it helps.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

2 points:

1. Check out if the Layout of the View, where you are displaying the Views is Grid Layout. If so,

make use of Matrix Layout.

2. While setting the Visibility of the views, set them to NONE instead of BLANK.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alka.