cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access BAPI from Web dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm trying to configure our portal system, deploying a java web dynpro program which uses a BAPI from our ecc dev system.

When running the web dynpro program, a exception was throw out:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:
   com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD. 

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:467)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.init(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:233)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.<init>(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:218)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.<init>(JCOClientConnection.java:129)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:150)
    ... 63 more

So I tried to create the Jco destination "WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST" in the web dynpro content administrator of our portal system. In the step 3 of the configuration "Content Type", there's 2 options: "Dictionary Meta Data" and "Application Data".

If I choose the first one and finish the configuration, after I click the test link, the following error happens:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM  TYPE=B MSHOST=eccdev GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=R3D MSSERV=sapmsR3D PCS=1 ERROR       service 'sapmsR3D' unknown TIME        Mon Apr 28 01:42:17 2008 RELEASE     700 COMPONENT   NI (network interface) VERSION     38 RC          -3 MODULE      nixxhsl.cpp LINE        776 DETAIL      NiHsLGetServNo: service name cached as unknown COUNTER     1 

If I choose the 2nd one, the test would be okay, but if I tried to run the web dynpro application, following error would happen:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:
   com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections) 
    at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalGetProvider(ProviderFactory.java:191)
    at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.getProvider(ProviderFactory.java:146)
    at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getProvider(DdDictionaryPool.java:97)
    at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:79)
    at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:48)

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Yining

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow the Creating the JCO connections in the Content Administrator section in the following

help.sap.com [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f8/bdfe80d9a3b048a5fb32a7d149774e/content.htm].

For the RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION error, you can check if the system sapmsR3D is defined in your

SAP Logon pad or in the hosts file under Drivers -> etc folder.

Regards,

Alka.