cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Timers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can i have a timer in my vc application, which will enable me to make a form view invisible after 10 minutes. what all parameters has to be set for that? Can anyone please help me out in this? What is the count and elapsed parameters?

Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

->you have to drag the timer control form the compose panel and then set its interval as 30 Minutes and initial delay as zero.

->Then add the timer to the input port of theform to which u want to set the visibility condtion.

->You can do the visibility depending upon the timer settings and its fields(Count,Elapsed).

->Count is used to count the time in no of units like for Example by1 mInute or 2 minute or 3minute,In your case it is 1 minute.

->Elaped is total count that is 30 minutes in your case.

then you have to use proper formula which uses above fields(Count and Elapsed ) and returns a Value to the visibility condition.

Good luck

Regards,

Gopvindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for the reply.

As said, i attached a timer to the input port of the form view and in the visbility condition of the form view, i gave the following expression.

BOOL(IF(@ELAPSED,false,true))

But after 30 minutes the form or the ui to which visibility is mapped is not becoming invisible. Is some event needs to be passed. But is that the form or the UI is not getting invisible. Is there a mistake in the expression used?

Thanx and Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

yes u are correct but instead of false put Zero and 1 for ture in the formula.

check it and let me know

Regards.,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i give 1 and 0..initially it is showing "1" in the input field. But after 30 minutes.. The input field is not getting disabled or even it is not showing zero. Should some event needs to be triggered. After pressing enter also the value of the field and the field visibility remains the same.

Can you please help me out in solving this problem? What else has to be done?

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

To get this i have to od some work around .

presently i am little bit busy with my work.Once i found the solution .I will let u know.

Regards,

govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

The issue got resolved. As you said...i used the elapsed and the count variable.

Thanx and Regards,

Divya

Answers (0)