Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add elements to transport files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created some function module and some related data elements.

Then, before saving it, I generated a new transport file.

After the release of the first transport file, I had to change something in the code but did not change anything in the data elements and a new transport file was created for that change.

Now, I would like to take this function module (including all the related data elements) and put it in other SAP installation (other costumer).

In order to that, I need to take the two transport files and release them both.

I would like to know if there is an option to generate a single transport file that will include both my code and the related data elements in one file.

Thanks,

Roy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Imagine you have request ABC and XYZ ...

you need to merge the two or include one in another right?

for this

select either ABC or XYZ and right click

A list comes..

see the options

(1) include objects Ctrl+f11

(2) merge requests ctrl+f12

if you choose this a pop will come with radio button "object list from request" checked by default...

in the F4 help select the other request and click on tick...

(2)merge requests ctrl+f12

The first request is merged with the second

The entire contents of the first request will be reassigned

to the second request; afterards the first request will be

deleted.

difference

include objects => even though you include 2 requests into one...none are deleted

merge requests => The first request is merged with the second afterards the first request will be

deleted.

Regards

Byju

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

it is possible. You can double click on the transport in SE10 and you will see the table with all items. You can easily create new transport and put items from previous transports in your new transport. You will just copy needed lines of table into your new transport.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

OK, I created new transport and the table is indeed empty, but I can't see how I add lines to it.

Can you assist with this issue?

Thanks

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is button "Display <-> Change (Ctrl + F11)" (similar to SE80). Just click on it and you will be able to add lines into table of items. You will have to fill Program ID, Object Type and Object Name. These info you can read from your previous transports. You have to set type for your new transport as well. It is in menu (Ctrl + F12). But you can try more specific method mentioned by Byju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Imagine you have request ABC and XYZ ...

you need to merge the two or include one in another right?

for this

select either ABC or XYZ and right click

A list comes..

see the options

(2) merge requests ctrl+f12

if you choose this a pop will come with radio button "object list from request" checked by default...

in the F4 help select the other request and click on tick...

(2)merge requests ctrl+f12

The first request is merged with the second

The entire contents of the first request will be reassigned

to the second request; afterards the first request will be

deleted.

difference

include objects => even though you include 2 requests into one...none are deleted

merge requests => The first request is merged with the second afterards the first request will be

deleted.

Regards

Byju