cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding CCMS alert configuration in XI/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1) I have created distribution list “DIS_LIST ” in default client 000, in between I have assigned SAP Userids with e-mail ids in SU01 of normal client 001.

2) In normal client 001: Goto RZ21-> methods -> Display Overview -> The method i used CCMS_OnAlert_Email

Control tab: In control tab I have checked -> Execute Method: selected radio button: Periodically in dialog process (short running program), under Startup method I did not select any check box r radio button. But i have scheduled the job (RSCONN01) for every 10mins to send the mails out, is this setting are correct?

Parameters tab ->

SENDER = USER17 ( Basis team sap user id, I have doubt how should I check she has authorization to send mails from xi to SMTP server, what role she should have, she does not know how to check this)

RECIPIENT = DIS_LIST (Distribution List name created in 000)

RECIPIENT-TYPEID = C

In release tab: I have selected check box: Auto Reaction Method.

3) I have done in Rz21: In transaction RZ21, assign the method to the appropriate MTE class. To do this, choose “Methods assigned to MTE classes” from the “Methods” frame. Select the MTE class (MTE Class = CCMS_tRFC_qRFC_Context), double-click, and choose Edit è Assignment in other è to variant. In the “variant” box, choose * (or whatever properties variant you are using).

4)I am getting messages in Alert Inbox whatever may be the error, as I selected “No Restrictions” radio button. If I want to send all kind of errors using auto reaction method do you have any idea (as i have done previouse step for Failed Queues)

5)i have given 3 mail ids(user01@mailcom, user02@mailcom, user03@mailcom) in shared distribution list in client 000, fixed recipient in ALRTCATDEF i have given 2 user ids( USERID15, USERID16). whenever error happens the mail is sent to two mail ids of fixed recipient list (USERID15, USERID16) so i is not picking the recipients from Shared Distribution list.

In SOST transaction I could see SENDER as as runtime workbench, and recipient as USERID15 and USERID16. mail is sent to mail id of USERID15 and error occured for USERID16(i.e msg is not sent to mail id of USERID16).

in out look inbox i could see FROM: PIRWBUSER@mailcom and TO: user15@mailcom, user16@mailcom. but user16@mailcom is not receiving any msges , bcz it got error in SOST(we can observe that these 2 mail ids are from Recipient list not from distribution list)

In SOST transaction I could see SENDER as : Runtime Workbench Service instead of USER17 (i.e motioned as SENDER in rz21->properties tab), and it is taking RECIPIENTs from fixed recipients list(i.e ALRTCATDEF in 001) instead of SHARED DISTRIBUTION List (user01@mailcom, user02@mailcom, user03@mailcom) in client 000.

why this is picking form Fixed recipient list instead Distribution list?

in SOST its showing SENDER as Runtime Workbench Service instead of USER17( (i.e motioned as SENDER in rz21->properties tab)

SCOT configuration are working fine, i could send the test msges from xi to outlook inbox. please give me any advice on this. Almost i browse throug all related blogs and forums.

Thanks

Dhanush.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How did you create your Distribution List, I think the CCMS would send out Alerts based on ALERT Category Definitions that you made in ALRTCATDEF.

Regards,

Siddhesh