Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi ,Query on Landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Would appreciate your reply on this...

While deciding on the landscape during Preparation phase we realize that we would have 3tier landscape with DEV, QAR ,PROD servers.

Are these 3 different servers with R3 installed separately into it individually or R3 is installed in one machine and these bifurcations are virtual?

If R3 is installed in 3 machines then physically QAR or PROD are separate machines ..

I have just installed R3 onto my personal system and while configuring the GUI and adding server components i have added all of them .

I have created 3 boxes in this gui with dev,qar,prod..

Physically QAR and Prod should be different systems altogether ..

Please help me understand this..

Thanks so much.

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are seperating the landscape concept with Seperate client for each environment. For example:

For production system we can have client 010, and for Test we can have 020 and as development it is 050. these clients are independent. Whatever changes you make in each client will not replicate into the other.

When ever you change any config, you do it in development system, then move it into test system by a trnasport request, then to production by the same transport.

The nutshell is the sytem is the same.. but the clients are different for each environment.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for this clarification.

Now apparently i have in my system 3 environments dvr,qar and prod .

Dvr contains a client 100 where all configs are carried out and i transport them to 190 (DVR) ..

Another client which i have created in QAR(client 200) is where i shall test it out.

How should i transport it? Can i transport it same way as i do for client100 to client 190.?

Thanks again.

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The usual way is to carry out the changes in DEV and release the TR to Quality or Test through SE 10 and retrieve this TR in test through STMS (if you have authorisation) for testing. Get the user approval from client side post testing and raise a transport request for the changes to go live.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Could you help me in understanding whether its advisable to have differerent environments in one machine as i see they are all on different IPs that makes it clear that all of these environments are on different machines . Solely for the production load to be had by onemachine wholly i believe.

I still am confused in that regard.

I have transported using se10 .

Same TR as you say is to be imported thrpough STMS ..

Can i give the authorization to myself to retrieve this into Quality through STMS?

Your help will be indeed very useful.

Thanks so much.

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

IP address is used to recognise a system and no system can share the same IP address. As you said each client should be on different machines.

Regarding your other query you you should get the authorisation from SAP security or BASIS team to access STMS.

regards