cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of data from R/3 to APO for strategy group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we transfer materials from R/3 to APO that donot have R/3 strategy group 10, 40, 50, 60, 70?

I am trying to transfer a material with MRP type Z4. Everything else is maintained properly but the material doesn't show up in APO. The plant is transferred, the setting in CFC9 is 2 and the no blocks in SMQ. I tried CFP1 as well but it not even collected there. The message type CIFMAT is checked and ALE change pointer checked in BD 61.

Thanks.

Edited by: Visu Venkat on Apr 26, 2008 6:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you do an initial CIF of the product with no requirement strategy(or just dont bother about it in APO)

Re-cif it again and check for the reqmt strategy now

if i am not wrong, the reqmt tab page gets initialized only if there is a model assigned. Its possible CIFing it for the first time is not initializing the requirements page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one for the answers.

Ian, the requirement type is Planning without final assembly.

Harish,

If I don't enter a strategy group, the CIF is failing saying no strategy group defined.

My question is:

APO supports only few strategies:

R/3 (10) = 10 (APO) - Make to stock Production

R/3(40) = 20 (APO) - Planning with final assembly

R/3(70) = 30 (APO) - Planning at assembly level

If I transfer any other strategies, does the CIF transfer the data to APO from R/3?

Also when the strategy group ND- No planning / no requirements transfer does the CIF transfer happen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to recheck what you have written, Planning without final assembly should be Proposed Strategy 30 in APO. Has the config in your APO system been amended or did you mistype?

If it was strategy 70 in R/3 then there is a note which would have been relavant I think:

[Note 711107 - Transfer strategy group 70 to SAP APO without manual changes|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/711107]

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

My mistake.

70 Planning at assembly level on R/side

=

20 PLANNING WITH FINAL ASSEMBLY

+ Assembly Planning indicator.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess yes. I tried copying same material with a different strategy group and it got transferred.

Can some expert verify this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess there is no dependency b/w the strategy group and Material tranfer.Please check out the integration model, Display the integration model and see the contents, whether it has this material or not.

You can try other option also. Try to CIF this material with a diff strategy group and then change the strategy group. The relevant requirement class should appear in the check method field on the ATP tab of product master in APO.

Regards,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What strategy type does your MRP Group Z4 have?

Regards

Ian