Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mini SAP 6.10-6.20 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP trial - REQUIREMENTS

former_member577776
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hello,

i am new here and going to try ABAP programming. i found out there is something like "old but good" mini SAP installation in two versions and current SAP NW 7.0 which i can download too.

1. so i need some suggestions which one to try, NW7.0 is actual but it looks like if a lot of users have a lot of experience with mini SAP installation

2. what other files i need for ABAP programming on each of these installations? libraries, plugins, modules, patches, service packs...

3. what are hardware requirements for these installations? as i read, there is a lot of specials, mini SAP 6.20 requires NTFS, but does it need NTFS on system disk, installation disk or both? i read notebooks are not supported, what is a problem?

thanks

P.S. yes i tryed to search but i am a bit flooded with results containing phrases i dont understand - for now...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several different miniSAP systems. Some are only valid on Windows (2000, 2003, XP), and others on Linux.

Windows ABAP only.

MBS: 4.6D system on MS SQL-Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE), 2.2GiB.

WA1: 6.10 system on SAPDB, 3.5GiB approx.

BSP: 6.20 system on SAPDB, 3.5GiB.

NSP: 7.00 (NW2004s) system on SAPDB, 8 - 10+ GiB.

Windows Java only.

J2E: 6.30 / 6.40 / 7.00 systems on SAPDB.

Linux

These were ABAP only for 4.6B, 6.10 and 6.20 releases. The database used was either SAPDB (MaxDB) or DB2.

The current release 7.10 is combined ABAP and Java stacks, again with the choice of databases.

So to answer your first question. Depends on how much space you have, how easy it is to download the files. NSP is over 4GiB to download, BSP under 2GiB. Where you can find the systems, and your operating system. For Windows MBS is still shipped with the "ABAP Objects - An introduction to programming SAP aplications" book. BSP was downloadable from uber-goober, and NSP is downloadable from here (SDN). For Linux I only know about downloading from SDN, the 7.10 version. You may be able to get 6.20 versions from the SAP shop.

For your second question, you need to get a version of Java to install the 6.40 / 7.00 / 7.10 versions. The system requirements will tell you which version to get.

Third question; I do not know.

MattG.

former_member577776
Discoverer
0 Kudos

thanks Matt,

please, can you explain abbreviations you used? (MBS, WA1, BSP, NSP)

or point me to some resources about it?

i tryed to search ( [glossary|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_glossary/en/index.htm] etc...) but no answer...

former_member366527
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ahoj Silver,

in SAP logon you use System-ID f.e. NSP, depends which trial installation you use.

System-ID is written in the documentation.

Peter

former_member577776
Discoverer
0 Kudos

yes i found there are *.R3S files where i can find and edit SID tag for each installation, i am just curious what these abbreviations mean (something like WAS = Web Applivation Server, but others i cannot decode...)

i have one document about creating custom or multiple installation of minisap

editing *.R3S and other important files, but it is missing pictures of dialogboxes bcs it is *.txt file and i cannot find *.doc or .pdf version with pictures, if anybody has this file please let me know (it should be named as +Custom Mini SAP Installation*+ by Giovanni Davila) or point me to another resources, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The *.R3S scripts were only used up to release 6.20, inclusive. After that an XML script was used, which limits your ability to change things.

The system ID is used to identify which license value to issue when it is renewed.

The meaning of the SID is at best a guess.

WAS: Web Application Server (Linux).

WA1: Web Application sserver (Windows).

LNX: mini system on LiNuX (4.6B).

MBS: Mini Basis System, or Microsoft sql-server Based System.

etc.

Of course this assumes that the ID is an English acronym, if the orginal words were German then the order of the sentence may be different.

MattG.

Answers (0)