cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI and CE Enterprise Service Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We currently have PI 7.0 and we are planning to upgrade to PI 7.1 furthermore we are testing CE 7.1 with some small applications. It's possible that according to our designed scenarios some of them will run on CE and other and PI and some complex scenarios will run on both (for example in the case of BPM and B2B).

Our question is:

Should we use only one ESR and one UDDI Registry for both PI and CE ?.

The Enterprise SOA documentation talks about one ESR and one UDDI Registry but some practical documents and examples aren't very clear when both products are used.

Thanks in advance.

Yuvan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Should we use only one ESR and one UDDI Registry for both PI and CE ?.

Yes. When PI is on 7.1 you use one ESR and UDDI. When PI is on 7.0 you use ESR for CE only. For PI use the IR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your early reply.

My doubt was because I read in some place that the ESR of PI and CE have some small differences. So I wasn't very sure that the ESR of PI could be suitable for CE too.

Thanks...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My doubt was because I read in some place that the ESR of PI and CE have some small differences. So I wasn't very sure that the ESR of PI could be suitable for CE too.

There are no different versions of ESR for CE or PI.

But some features are only useful for CE, some only for PI (like mapping and adapter meta data).

Answers (0)