cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i setup mutiple approval levels with workflow controlled transports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured workflow controlled transports between two ECC 6.0 systems.

Now, when we release any transports, subsequently the proposal gets created then it goes to

transport administrator worklist inbox.

But,before the transport admin,approve/reject the proposal i need to have two more lelvel of approval plugged in.

Level 1 for Team Lead

Level 2 for QA manager

Once both level 1 & 2 approvers approves the proposal then it can get importe into QA system

How do i set this up?I have been searching help portal/notes but i could not find anh help.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiple level of approvals are not possible with standard SAP functionality. You will have to rely on 3rd party tools like RealTech or RevTrac.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Thanks for your reply but i am confused now.

SAP help portal says ,we can configure 3 approval steps for QA systems

(with out any third party tool support).

Approved by system administrator

You need the authorization for the value TADM for the authorization object S_CTS_ADMI (field CTS_ADMFCT).

By default, this is contained in the authorization S_CTS_ADMIN.

Approved by user department

You need the authorization for the value QTEA or the value TADM for the authorization object S_CTS_ADMI (field CTS_ADMFCT).

By default, this is contained in the authorization S_CTS_ADMIN.

Approved by request owner

No special authorization is required since a check is made against the user names.

If you are authorized for the value TADM of the authorization object S_CTS_ADMI (field CTS_ADMFCT), you can process this step. By default, this is contained in the authorization S_CTS_QATEST or S_CTS_ADMIN.

What are these approval steps ?and how can we setup these approval steps?

Right now,with workflow controlled transports whats happending is,as soon as proposal gets created

in qa system if i run tc STMS_QA i can see the proposal listed in my work list and waiting for my approval.

Since i have S_CTS_ADMIN authorization as soon as i approve the transport gets imported into qa system.

But, i just wanted to have atlease one more person from non-basis team to do approval.

Thanks,

Ram