cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC - By pass the PI proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing the SNC component of SCM2007. There are PI proxies generated as part of this solution.

We would like to avoid using PI .. any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I think you're asking the wrong question. The proxies don't affect whether you choose webmethods or PI in your design.

They are used by SAP to deliver Standard Enterprise Services.

Whether you choose Webmethods or PI you'll still be able to consume these standard services with a little extra configuration work. You don't need to re-invent the wheel by wrapping anything...or any extra coding on the SAP side.

Best Regards, Trevor

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto sproxy and try to by pass it.

Cheers if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

Within sproxy, it does show the SAP class that is being used to from PI but is it possible to call the same class using WebMethods ?.

I am looking for some experience in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think so you could call the Class from WebMethods as those classes are not exposed as Virtual Interfcaes/WS.

RGds,

Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The proxies provided seem to have been generated by SAP. I am trying to find a method to by pass this proxy and avoid using PI.

When SAP releases the WSDLs for this object, wondering if they would mandate having to route the solution through PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

until you get the WSDL for those proxies there is no other way to access them other than via PI.

But WSDL provided by SAP are capable of calling from any other external service requestor and SAP Web Dispatcher will do that for you.

RGds,

Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it still mean that after the WSDLs are available, the module will expect the information to be routed through PI ?. Because if the module does not expect the information to flow thru PI when using the WSDLs then for the interim period I can find an alternate(cumbersome) solution for SNC without using PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

~ Does it still mean that after the WSDLs are available, the module will expect the information to be routed through PI .

No when you have WSDL's you can by pass PI by directly calling the service.then using PI would become optional at that time.till then I think it's very cumbersome to get another way to access Proxy classes other than PI.Will post you if I get any ideas/info.

RGds,

Vasanth.

Edited by: Vasantha Kumar Balasubramani on May 7, 2008 6:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your input. One of the thoughts and prototype that I did was, build a custom wrapper around the SAP object and feed data to the structures as PI would. This was cumbersome and quite a bit of complicated coding.